Got one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Tried another bowl. Made it with no blow out!:eusa_danc I won't really be suprised if this one cracks, but it was a trial run anyay. If it doesn't crack, I'll sand it a little more and put a finish on it!

bowlside.jpg

bowl.jpg

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ed, that came out great :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I like the form, and the contrast between the sapwood and heartwood. What's the bottom look like? Can you re-chuck it? If it warps you could true it up again, or just finish it and let it do what it's gonna do. If it don't hold soup, it's ART :-D

Dave:)

J

jeff...

That's really nice, I like the contrasting heart / sapwood, very nice !!! I've been waiting for the right cedar log to hit the mill, were I can get a good clean pith free 6" thick slab for a few folks that want to turn ERC. I'm with Mike, slow drying would be your best bet for that bowl. Cedar is a very dry wood to begin with, even when it's green it's still very dry in comparison to some of the other species out there.

dozer

Mike
Nice looking bowl Ed. One of these days I need to get some blocks of wood bigger than a pen blank and make a couple of bowls.

JRD

New User
Jim
Ed,

You may want to wrap the bowl in several layers of newsprint for a month or two. That barrier will slow the drying process, creating a micro climate around the bowl.

Thats a method that seems to help on my turnings.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS