Got a Table saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
I was at my parents house for Thanksgiving and noticed a old neglected table saw in the barn. My Dad said he had bought a new one and said I could have this one. It's in pretty bad shape but it runs and cuts good so I bought it home and will try and clean it up.

TableSaw001.jpg

TableSaw002.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Score!!! Yeah, it will need some cleaning up, and it has some limitations, but it'll cut wood. I suggest you invest a little money in some good thin kerf blades, like this one for crosscutting and this one for ripping (I know - lots of money when the saw is free! But it makes a tremendous difference). Of course, the next step is to gather every tool magazine you can find and leave them where your dad can find them, just to "encourage" the next round of upgrades (and hand-me-downs :)) :tool:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gotta start somewhere & that's as good as any. :icon_thum You'd be surprised at how much you can do with a good blade on a saw like that. Get it cleaned up & let us see it again!

timf67

New User
Tim
After seeing your shop when we moved the RAS, I have to ask... Where are you going to squeeze it in?!?!:rotflm:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Good catch there, Mitch!:icon_thum

My first "tablesaw" was an 8 inch Craftsman and I cut a lot of wood up with that little devil. I am sure that you too will enjoy it. Take Bas' advice and look into upgrading the blade. You won't be sorry.

Now power it up and let the sawdust fly!

Congrats!

Wayne

BumoutBob

New User
Bob
If you have another table saw, this one could be set up with a cut-off blade and the other with a rip blade. Just move from one to the other for each type of cut. The fence on this one is not as accurate as some others and can lead to frustrating rip errors. My first saw had a poor fence and it just made accurate work harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS