Goodbye - sort of

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Doug, congrats on the new job and the move. You will be missed by all here. Mostly thanks for your compassion in helping other woodworkers
spouses in closing out their woodworking shops , an extremely tough task that you handled expertly.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I moved to North Carolina in 2005 from Virginia due to a job change. I had visited a number of woodworking websites before arriving, such as Beaver Creek. I joined NCWW at it's early stages, and at Steve Coles request became an active member sitting on the first Board he created to ensure the group's continued existence. This is the best woodworking Site/ Organization I have found on the Internet.

I am proud to be a member here and have made some wonderful friendships. However, I have recently accepted a position working for my Alma Mater. This means my wife and I will be moving back to New York (Upstate), where we are originally from. Consequently, I will not be able to be at the shop-crawls, picnic, lumber runs, etc. I am grateful to the members that have opened their shops to me and taught me a lot.

I will still post here and try to be an active "remote" member.

Doug
All the best to you and the family on your move back to a beautiful area of the country.

Chuck

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Obviously the forum has benefited from your knowledge and skills beyond your woodworking. Being on the board and having some insight into the work you did to move us into the 501(c)3 realm, was interesting to say the least! Hope this next chapter brings new adventures and joy into your life. Blessed be~

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
Doug, Wishing you and your wife fair winds and following seas...congrats on the new job!!!

Ralrick

New User
Rick
Congrats on the new role Doug and best of luck on the new role at RPI . . . but when it comes to ECAC Hockey - Go Clarkson!

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Best of luck to you and yours in the cold North.

I found NCWW in 2011 after your hard work had paid off for some time and enjoyed teh fruits of such labors and efforts. Thank you for all I've benefitted from the association with this group and it's members.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
FWIW: Steve Coles did the heavy lifting in the beginning to conceive of NCWW and get this place off the ground and see to its' continuation after him. The first group of people to step up included McRabbet, Gator, Tracy Pardue, Dave O, Travis Porter, Danny, Froglips. and more.

The later Board members, including the present Board have done terrific things, including things we never thought of. I really admire these people, too many to mention. I will continue to post from far away (Not as far as Hawaii).

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS