Good WIll Lathe UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben325e

New User
Ben
Re: Good WIll Lathe

I'll back CDPeters, too :) I'll be putting my name in the hat one day, but right now I've got too much going on and I know I'll get sucked in! I'm sure there won't be a day for the next several decades when I won't have too much going on, but now's not my time.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Good WIll Lathe

If there are no more nominations I will be announcing a winner tomorrow night.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like the Good Will Lathe will be north of the border for a few months. CDPeters is the new 'owner' for the next period. Rules are you need to make arrangements to pick it up yourself or via PE from the previous 'owner'. PM Heath Hendrick and he'll coordinate a pick up date.
Good luck in the vortex!

Last edited:

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Wow guys - I'm honored! I guess that giant sucking sound I hear is the vortex spinning up :gar-La;

Heath, I'll be in touch via PM, probably tomorrow sometime... Looks like I may be headed south soon.

I hope you guys are ready for a TON of questions (heads up Earl!).

Thanks!
C.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Wow guys - I'm honored! I guess that giant sucking sound I hear is the vortex spinning up :gar-La;

Heath, I'll be in touch via PM, probably tomorrow sometime... Looks like I may be headed south soon.

I hope you guys are ready for a TON of questions (heads up Earl!).

Thanks!
C.

If ya come through on a weekend stop in for a visit. I might be able to give a few [darned few] pointers. I am a few miles off US-1 tween franklinton and youngsville. I'll get ya a number by PM if you're interested.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
My place is about mid-way and I would be glad to help PE it. In fact I have an appointment in Cary on the 6th and another on the 12th. If this works I would be glad to haul. I might even have a gloat item out of it. :widea: A shop visit. :wsmile: To date only 3 members have seen my new shop and it is over 1 year old :cry_smile

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Thanks for the offer Scott. Let me get in touch with Heath and see if there is a possibility for a move from Sanford to Cary. I would LOVE to be visitor number 4!

C.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
If ya come through on a weekend stop in for a visit. I might be able to give a few [darned few] pointers. I am a few miles off US-1 tween franklinton and youngsville. I'll get ya a number by PM if you're interested.

Thanks Fred! I would love to. I'm trying for a PE up to ScottM's place, but if that doesn't work out and I wind up going all the way, I may just detour through Youngsville and then maybe on through Littleton!

C.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Congrats Chris!

Getting the lathe to Cary is no problem at all, my office is in Raleigh.

Scott, thanks for the help! Shoot me a note on when you'll be where and we can go from there.

Congrats again Chris - Enjoy!

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I have 2 lathes and I think that's all I need. I am curious what kind of lathe is the "Good-Will Lathe" ?

Bill "Pop" Golden

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have 2 lathes and I think that's all I need. I am curious what kind of lathe is the "Good-Will Lathe" ?

Bill "Pop" Golden

For the newer members the lathe is a complete turning system. Includes, Rikon lathe, a full set of quality turning tools, grinder, sharpen jigs, live center, chuck, pen mandrel and instructions. Also included is a stopper mandrel, some sand paper and Mylands Finish. The holder of the goodwill lathe gets about 3 months before it is rotated to a new person.

The lathe and original accessories was a gift given to our founder Steve Coles by some of the earlier members of NCWW. Steve so liked turning that he bought a full size lathe and donated the Rikon and accessories back to the organization. The list of accessories has grown as members had added items as it went.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Thanks Scott,

That's one heck of a set up. If that rig for 3 months doesn't get a body turning nothing will.

I sold tools for a while. The Rikon lathe is my pick of the mini-lathes. The belt cover is the cherry on top. :banana:

Bill "Pop" Golden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS