Girl Scouts August 25th Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I received a letter from the regional Girl Scout manager today asking about the event we discussed late last year.

Can we do this?
Do we have volunteers in the area?
Its only a half day.
If y'all want to do it, I'll forward the e-mail to the Outreach Directors.

Girl Scout Event at Fisher River Park in Dobson that we had talked about over the winter.
I am still holding the event on August 25th and the time is from 9:00 am till 12:00pm.
I am hoping that you all are still going to be able to make this event.

We are going to be at the #2 shelter and are going to be advertising this a lot through
the school system and signage around the county.
I am looking forward to this event and know that a lot of my volunteers are as well.

Thank you
VK
Membership Manager
Caswell, Rockingham, Stokes, Surry, Yadkin Counties

Fisher River Park Shelter #2

251 County Home Rd, Dobson, NC 27017

Set up at 8:00 am
lunch at 12:00 pm
Clean up at 1:30 pm

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike, if the Cutting Gauge Workshop II on that same day is not a go, then I will participate. At this time, the class is 2 people short of the minimum. One or the other I will be participating in.

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
I can be available to volunteer if this event is a go. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Rob Liles

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
The wood is at Barry’s. There needs to be a workshop or something to prepare for stokes, king and the extravaganza

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
It appears that we have three items needing attention for us to participate in this event.

1. Volunteers
2. The Outreach Trailer/Van
3. Wood handle blanks

I can volunteer which brings the volunteer count to approximately five. Surely more volunteers will step forward.

If Berta and Chuck can bring the trailer, I can store it at my home and it will be easily available for Kingfest and the Stokes Stomp. (Unless it is needed for another Outreach event I am forgetting.)

We can have a light saber handle work day at my shop on any Saturday before the Girl Scout event, all of my Saturdays in August are free.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like that is a little over an hour from Floyd so I can volunteer for this one. Let me know a good time to meet at Barry's to work on saber blanks. I have 26mm spade bits (4 of them) if we need them.

If I take some of the saber blank wood with me from Barry's I can probably finish up a few more than we get done at his place now that my shop is pretty fully functional.

Let me know when to show up.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Sorry guys.....I will be at the Coast on the 12th. Andon another bad note Dobson is a bit far for me to drive for a 3hr event. Hopefully enogh Triad folkswill step up

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Berta, am I correct that you are planning for me to take the trailer to my home?

Last edited:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Yes, then we will might have to take it from Stokes for the lathe class, if it sounds like it will happen.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I haven’t replied to the scouts yet. Are we set to go on this or should I wait till after Sunday to answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS