Garrett hack Speaking at Friday TWA Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickc

Just a reminder, the monthly Triangle Woodworkers meeting will take place this FRIDAY, April 21st, 7:30 pm. Meeting is held at the Klingspor shop on Capital Blvd. Garrett Hack will be the speaker.

Garrett Hack has been a furniture maker and one horse farmer in Thetford Center, Vermont since the late seventies. He specializes in making contemporary interpretations of Federal style furniture with an emphasis on delicate and graceful design, understated surface decorations and a complete dedication to superior joinery and craftsmanship. He is a Contributing Editor for Fine Woodworking Magazine, the author of The Handplane Book (Taunton Press, 1997) and Classic Hand Tools (Taunton Press, 1999) and teaches at a number of woodworking schools throughout the country, including Marc Adams.

You do not have to be a member to come, but we would definitely encourage you to join. There are several club members on this site, and I believe each has had a very positive experience since joining and can give an endorsement of the club.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks for the reminder Rick, I'll see you there. Are you guys still going to link up for dinner at Buffalo Brothers at 6 PM?

D L

R

rickc

Sure are. Normally we get separate tickets, but if you insist, we MIGHT let YOU buy. :mrgreen:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Rick, I got you covered but you will have to limit your order to a glass of water, a toothpick, and a napkin.:lol:

D L

Monty

New User
Monty
Dang it! Frank Klausz... Garrett Hack... I'm thinking of moving to Raleigh just so I can come to your meetings!!! :-?

R

rickc

D L Ames said:
Rick, I got you covered but you will have to limit your order to a glass of water, a toothpick, and a napkin.:lol:

D L

As my Dad says: "Better than a stick in the eye!"

T

toolferone

insomniac said:
Dang it! Frank Klausz... Garrett Hack... I'm thinking of moving to Raleigh just so I can come to your meetings!!! :-?

And the best part is they both used my shop for there demo's:-D .

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I'll cover it. With some really expensive and heavy college books! But someone else would have to pay for it. :lol: Really wish I could be there, it always sounds like a lot of good information will be shared at the TWA meetings.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
sapwood said:
So anyone wanna cover the beer tab for DaveO and I? :eusa_shhh

Sapwood

You would need WG's tool budget for that, and a few buck for Sapwood's beer also :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS