FS: ~1200-1400 sqft of Mappa Burl Veneer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
Edit 7/30/11: Willing to trade as well... primarily in need of some 3/4" maple plywood for various interior projects I've got going on but open to ideas.

If this is the wrong place to post this let me know... Classifieds specified lumber should go here and this is kinda sorta lumber.

In any case... this is the left over from a bulk amount purchased at that IRS auction a while back. It's on a 10ft x 41" pallet and probably stacks up about 30-45 sheets high across the pallet. Thus my math on the square footage.

I can provide photos on request... Most of what's left is bigger sheets. There are some square pieces that are almost 2' x 2' and at least 6 bundles (15-20 sheets each) of 40"+ long sheets that average around 8" wide.

Bottom line... The wife wants her side of the garage back and I'd like to maintain the peace so first $200 takes it. I'd love for you to take the pallet too but if you don't need it I'll tear it down myself. Pretty sure I don't have to mention what kind of deal $200 is for this much mappa. I got what I needed out of it so I'm happy to send it on to the next person. :) I'm located in SW Charlotte area (Steele Creek)

Oh... I've got a bunch of assorted other veneers that you're welcome to take free with it. Various species, some with really nice figuring. All of the sheets are at least 40" long I believe.

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
This is killer stuff! Can you say: Sha-Toy-Yunce?:gar-Bi
So, what'd you end up doing with the veneer you picked up? Would love to see the resulting project when you get it done.

Oh and found the gallery to upload photos so here are two quick photos I snapped. For a frame of reference the long sheets on the end are 43" long and the big square pieces there are about 22" square with several bundles underneath.
MappaPallet_2.jpg

View image in gallery

MappaPallet_1.jpg

View image in gallery

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
Oh... should add I'm open to trades. I do need a few sheets of 3/4" maple plywood for some indoor storage projects I have planned. That or tool trades are always interesting :)

Randall Kepley

New User
Randall
How many sheets of 3/4 you need to trade even? also does it matter if it is domestic or import maple plywood. Thanks R.K.

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
I'd say as close to $200 worth as I can get... Preferably closer to wholesale than retail box store values. :) Import would be just fine since I'm going to face frame the stuff anyways. Let me know what you have in mind!

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
Gone! If anyone needs a couple pieces Randall can probably hook ya up ;) I loaded down his truck with veneer yesterday. Nice meeting you and thanks for the gorgeous cherry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS