Freud router at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
I was in the Mebane Lowes just east of Burlington and they had the Freud F1702VCEK fixed/plunge base kit on clearance for $129. I don't know if all the stores are doing this or have this router but the Mebane store had 3 on the shelf

Eddie Byrd

New User
Eddie
I snagged one of these specials two weeks ago here in a Memphis Lowe's. Apparently, it was manufactured quite awhile ago. After disassembling and relubricating the spindle lock & plunge tubes, I find it functions very well. The soft start, variable speed and overall smoothness are a great improvement over my previous HF router.

One shortcoming I discovered - an adaptor ring (FT1100 - $11.82 from Amazon) for using template guides is recommended but not supplied. I am currently letting the two mounting screws for the adaptor hold my template base, but I am not sure this I want to do this long-term.

Overall, I feel this was a great deal and I hope to get a lot of use out of this combo.:icon_chee

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I too snagged one of these from the Lowes in Fayetteville.:eusa_danc
Heck a 200.00 router for under 130.00.
I like it and have used it all weekend long.:icon_thum
I didn't have the problem with lubrication that you had Eddie. Mine seems to wrong just fine.:eusa_thin
I too like that soft start and the variable speed. While playing with it, to be able to access that speed control setting with your thumb/finger is cool.
Overall I am quite pleased.:eek:ccasion1

garymuto

New User
Gary
Thanks for the head's up. I was looking for an additional router so I could switch between a table and hand held. The deals here in MI aren't quite as good $169. It still seems like a great price for the tool so I might pick one up and try it out.

SteveCogs

New User
Steve
If you find one still out there, make sure you ask them for a even better deal. I did and got it for $100 brand new. Thanks guys.

garymuto

New User
Gary
Well, I checked a couple stores and found only one for $170 so I passed. Last night I mysteriously would up at another lowes and found one for $130 so I caved. The reviews seem mixed, but I liked the way the displayed model felt.
There was no one to ask for a better deal and I saw only one unopened router kit in the store so I paid the asking price and feel that it is a good deal.

Hardcharger14

New User
Steve
Friday I bought the display model from Lowe's in High Point. It was marked down to $149.00 from $199.00 I asked the clerk to check for additional discounting. Their computer showed none in stock and discontinued. I offered $100.00 and my offer was accepted. I any missing the !/4" Colet and instructions but I am sure I can find them. It pays to ask. Steve Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS