Frank Klausz's talk at TWA meeting tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Just got back from attending my first TWA meeting, and hearing Frank Klausz speak. It was a great time. I went to the get together at Buffalo Bros. beforehand and got the chance to meet several members and Mr. Klausz himself. That was very cool. The lecture was very interesting covering everything from wood selection to finishing. Frank has very firm views on thing that are contrary to many other's like the practice of alternating growth ring orientation in panel glue ups. He puts them all inside of the tree up. Then he went on to show his trade-mark dovetail cutting. He makes it look so easy. I am inspired to give hand cut DT another chance following his method. Well, I would recommend attending a TWA meeting if you get a chance, it seems to be a top notch organization. I am looking forward to next months meeting. Dave:)

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Let me second what Dave had to say and just say that Frank Klaus is a very enteraining presenter

Jonz

New User
Chris Jones
And I 3rd it. :lol:

It was great to watch him. I love listening to people talk about woodworking who have forgotten more about it than I'll ever know.

It's always good to get out and meet other folks with the same interests and I plan to do more of it. As powerful as the internet is, and as much information as there is available for free 24/7, my goal is to increase my woodworking skills, so I have to be careful that I don't end up doing more reading and talking about it than doing it.

Good to meet Steve, Dave, and Rick, and good to see Tom as usual.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Dave I was a member last yr and didn't seem to get much out of it.Maybe I just picked a bad yr:eusa_thin

dave_the_woodworker

New User
Update your profile with your name
I've seen quite a few comments regarding TWA. I'm not familiar with the organization. What is it and where does it meet?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS