Foam brush throw aways

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelis

New User
weelis
Where do y'all buy your foam brush throw aways? The ones I have bought from HD etc. disintegrate in minutes and are worthless. thanks.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The ones with the plastic handles not the wood handle are quite good. They have a rib in the center to give them some firmness.

Dave:)

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Harbor freight has some of the ones like daveo was talking about. not to expensive. last for a while.
Thanks
Mark

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Okay for stain or glue. One use than toss. Don't use for shellac or lacquer. I use natural bristle for poly or varnish

Go

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Your local dollar general has assortment bags (wood handles) for cheap, if I remember right I think they are a dollar.

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
I buy foam brushes, chip brushes, and acid brushes (for glue spreading) from an outfit called WiseAcre's Art. The quality of these cheap "brushes" is excellent. :icon_scra I buy dozens at a time. Their prices and service are outstanding, and they sell all kinds of stuff that woodworkers might be interested in. They are primarily a craft/hobbiest supplier. They sell on eBay, but also have their own website, woodworkingparts.com.

I have no relationship, personal or otherwise, with them. I'm just a satisfied customer.

Hope this helps.

Matt

decibel

New User
Patrick
I picked mine up from harbor freight when they had a sale a while back. Seems to work just fine for me

DaveD

New User
Dave
I buy the harbor freight ones and then tell the clerk to throw them away right after I buy them.:gar-La;:eek::wink_smil.

That way i don't have to cuss at them (any kind of foam brush) when I use them.

Seriously, I'll use a good $12-15 Purdy natural bristle brush any day rather than try to use any kind of foam one. Some of my Purdy's are 30+ years old and have been used many, many times over the years.

I do keep an assortment of foam ones handy though so I have something to give to the neighbor/relative that wants to borrow a paint brush. I tell them they don't have to return it and to have fun.

Dragon

New User
David
WAL MART for me. They have the individual brushes or you can get the grab bag for pretty cheap. I go through them like a bandit putting BLO on rough-cut logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS