flooring stapler

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman

New User
barry
hey anybody out there know where i can get a Bostich S32SXBHF or another unit that will do 5\16 flooring need to install some bellawood P\F BC 5\16 HW 2 1\4 strip i am told the the M3 will not work(too large nails\cleats will split the tounge) used would be ok who would you call around raleigh area

if i put this in the wrong place so sorry !!!!!!!

dont know if there is any flooring experts out there would it be posible to put this in with 2" brads ouit of a brad nailer 3" apart driving at a angle yall think that that would holdup

B

bman

New User
barry
YEP sure did every body seems to have the m3 most common for 3\4 flooring i wondering if 18 ga 2" brads would work not as easy as a F\ nailer but i would think if you were careful making sure you get it tight before shooting might work
any thoughts from you pros on that

thanks

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Best that my old mind can remember, there is a shoe that fits on a 1/4" crown stapler that fastens this type of flooring down. Check out Senco's web site, as this where I think I remember seeing such info. Model # is SL20HF, $299. Do a Google for 5/16" flooring stapler, and several things pop up. HD rental dept would probably be the best bet. Their Strickland Road store in north Raleigh has a rental dept. I think that the Wake Forest store also has rental dept. I remember where I saw a stapler for thin flooring- in a pawn shop. NC Pete might know some other sources.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Bruce is pretty much right. We didn't do much of this size flooring when I was working, but we did have the smaller stapler riding in the truck. If you can't find that, I would use at least a 16 ga brad nail, perhaps even a 15 ga finishing nail. I feel that the smaller head on the 18 ga nail would eventually let the floor move in a way that you don't want, which will cause squeaks soon. But, staples are best.

Pawn shops are often good sources for tools like these.

IIRC, the PortaNailer (non-pneumatic - and we never had one) can change shoes for the thinner floor stock, and handle the slightly smaller cleats that aren't the worst solution available. If I wasn't running out to work in about 1 minute, I would find the screenname of an acquaintance on WN that is more current than I.

Perhaps you should change the order to 3/4 stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS