First problem with Private sales forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I just got a PM from dozer who made a post offering to copy a CD of Shopnotes for anyone who wants it. Monty moved it to the Confidential Sales forum and notified dozer. Dozer can't view that forum despite 3 threads and 14 posts :eusa_thin I don't know if his offering is in violation of copywrite rules or not.
Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
When I first saw that post, I thought, Man, I want a copy of that. Then I thought, man, I bet that's illegal... If it is illegal, those transactions cannot take place within this forum. Might get papa smurf in trouble.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am not sure of the legality of the offer,but the problem is that he is unable to view the thread. According to the "qualifications of membership" he should be able to...I think?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
It is illegal. You cannot make copies of copyrighted material without the publisher's permission and this would be one that would draw legal action.

To your point Dave, he should be able to view it.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
I just got a PM from dozer who made a post offering to copy a CD of Shopnotes for anyone who wants it. Monty moved it to the Confidential Sales forum and notified dozer. Dozer can't view that forum despite 3 threads and 14 posts :eusa_thin I don't know if his offering is in violation of copywrite rules or not.
The reason dozer couldn't see it, was by that time, Travis had moved it to to Moderator's Forum. Why, either move was made, I don't know.:roll: :-( :-( :-(

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Not to nit-pick, because the issue is now mute. But, it was around 9:30 last night when I was PM'd by dozer, and according to the now deleated thread, it wasn't until 11:40 that Travis moved it to the Mod forum.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
DaveO said:
Not to nit-pick, because the issue is now mute. But, it was around 9:30 last night when I was PM'd by dozer, and according to the now deleated thread, it wasn't until 11:40 that Travis moved it to the Mod forum.

OK, in this case Dozer is not qualified to see the invisible forum, he does not have 30 days of membership.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
OK, that explains it. I thought it might be a 30 days or 5 posts which ever comes first thing...like oil changes.

Has anyone notified dozer regarding the deleation of the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS