First Cigar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I tried my first Cigar tonight...and the Surgeon General is right, these things are addictive. The first try didn't goes so well as I reversed the bushings and ended up grossly proud at the finial. I will try to knock it out later and turn it down to fit. But the wood and finish were to pretty not to post so here's my first screwed up Cigar pen -
Copy_of_Pens_300.jpg

Curly spalted Sycamore with a Chrome Cigar kit from PSI
So in an attempt to redeem myself, I decided to try another. Not wanting to deplete my small stock of the spalted blanks, I decided to turn a normal curly Sycamore. I think that this one turned out acceptable.
Copy_of_Pens_301.jpg

Thanks for lookin' and comments/critiques are very welcome
Dave :)

Eric Laudenbacher

New User
Eric Laudenbacher
I have learned if you screw up a cigar pen, the only ones who would know is you and others who have screwed up cigar pens.:lol:

J

jeff...

Cool looking pens - I guess I fail to see what is "screwed up" with the fist pen, it looks just like the second one :eusa_thin, the only difference I see is differing wood. Both pens are very nice and shinny, both look like a pen makers dream come true. You do great work Dave.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Cool looking pens - I guess I fail to see what is "screwed up" with the fist pen, .

Jeff, good pictures hide all :lol: :lol: The top barrel is proud of the finial by around a 16th of an inch, and on something that is only a 1/2 " in diameter, that sticks out like a sore thumb. But thanks for not noticing :icon_thum

Eric Laudenbacher Is there anything that you can't do?:eusa_clap

Yes, many things :oops: but I generally don't post them. I screw-up more than I conquer :BangHead: :BangHead:

Dave:)

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I think it looks awesome Dave! I put in my first supplies order last night. I'm trying 2 of the sites that you recommended: WoodTurningz & Pens of Color. Getting things set up in the shop and looking forward to giving it a go this week. I'll start with the Slimline and work my way up.

It looks as though you're trying them all and doing a great job at it :eusa_clap .

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Great work Dave. Thanks for the screw up :icon_thum now I know not to do that when my kits and bushings arrive :rotflm:

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Dave...nice pens. I think that the cigars are great because they really show off the wood. The curly sycamore is awesome...be sure to give that pic to Jeff so he sell more of his blanks...

...looking forward to what you do next....

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors