2008_02070025.JPG

De-construction

2008_020700601.JPG

Working Hard

2008_020700951.JPG

Still the LOML

M

McRabbet

That is a beautiful hardwood floor, John -- great improvement over that vinyl! Did you do the cabinets and butcher block tops, too? Love the last picture -- that's one happy LOYL!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
VERY nice....what are you doing next weekend? :)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
John!!!!!!!!!!!

You really DO NEED TO RELAX a bit.:gar-Bi I hope that your LOYL took you out for a nice dinner!:widea: I believe that your wife is very happy and ready to sign you up for more projects based on these fabulous results!

So when are you doing the next kitchen makeover show on the DIY Network?

I can see plenty of real hard work and sweat in a job like that! Well Done Indeed!:notworthy:

Wayne

J

jeff...

very nice indeed but now that you have shown what you can do - what's next on the "Honey Do" You did notice that sick in her left hand didn't you ?:rotflm:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dang, John! Great job.
I saw the "before" kitchen once and it was nice . . . but the transformation is awesome :icon_thum

Roger

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
Details,

1. New lighting,
  2. New hardware, slides and knobs on cabinets and knobs and hinges on doors.
  3. New counter tops and back splash ( Italian limestone tile) thanks to Phil Soper for letting me borrow his tile saw, Diamond design on counter top with 12" tiles and subway pattern on back splash with 6" tiles, I cut the 12".
  4. Wooden counter/bar top (RO and Maple - face glued),
  5. Stools I made,
  6. I reworked the center island into a counter on legs by removing the base and adding legs and trim ,
  7. I made a trashcan holder to look like the counters and used the flooring for the top/lid,
  8. Painted ceiling, Walls and cabinets inside and out (she wanted three shades of green on the cabinets),
  9. Installed under cabinet lighting and put in a skirt so the light does not show,
  10. installed new floor (removed the old first so the surface would be at the same level) Rustic RO finished with semigloss poly (three coats).
  11. Finished the floor with RO 3/4" quarter round. I do not like shoe molding,
  12. New chairs I did not make, she was too impatient.

M

McRabbet

John -- Again, a super renovation! Could you add a few pics of the tile and stools and lighting -- I don't think we saw those...

b4man

New User
Barbara
A great transformation! The design, materials and workmanship all look beautiful. I know you made your wife very happy:wsmile:

George

New User
GEORGE
Congratulations, looks great and know your glad its done. How long did this project take? Working on a similar project too.

Sawdud

New User
Chris Beasley
"Finished the kitchen". Man, one day I will utter those words and be released. Sweet LOML wants a new kitchen yesterday. Great job! Congrats on completing it.:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS