Finally Oscillating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
A while ago I sold my Ridgid Oscillating Spindle Sander to an NCWW member (by the way, who was that ... I forgot ... send me a PM, I found a piece to it). I should have never done that ... I've needed it ever since!

Well, finally yesterday I was up at The Woodworking Source and mentioned something along the lines of my next purchase to Rick ... when he said, come look at this. Needless to say, I went home with my newly used North State Oscillating Spindle Sander! :eusa_danc

NorthStateSander.jpg

View image in gallery

NH2NC

New User
Eric
Now that's a machine! Nice Score!

(I have the Ridgid and wouldn't part with it. I use it all the time)

E-

Glennbear

Glenn
Very nice Jeremy :icon_thum If anyone else is motivated to replace their Ridgid OSS with a similar machine please contact me to take the Ridgid off your hands. :gar-La;

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Hey now I got dibs on dumping my sander at Philip's place :tinysmile_tongue_t:

There's space enough for the both of ya :-D Still waiting on one of them to show up :eusa_thin

HAHAHAHA!

Pat, you do need to come check out the shop sometime!

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Only after Jeremy or Patrick bring a sander over to my place :-D

I've got some cleaning I need to do, but come on over anytime!

decibel

New User
Patrick
Phillip I do need to make it up that way soon especially now you have some heat in the shop :gar-Bi

I'll help you clean up if you need a hand moving anything I can at least do that!

to Stay on topic: Jeremy how do you like this spindle sander compared to the Ridgid?

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Phillip I do need to make it up that way soon especially now you have some heat in the shop :gar-Bi

I'll help you clean up if you need a hand moving anything I can at least do that!

to Stay on topic: Jeremy how do you like this spindle sander compared to the Ridgid?

Why don't you guys make an event of it ... we'll crash Phillips place, then you can come help me move tools around :gar-La;

As for the "on topic" ... I've yet to use it, as I just picked it up last night. I'll get it situated this weekend and hopefully put it to use.

I can say that the Ridgid was a good little unit IMHO. I had reviewed it a while ago here ... http://newtoolreviews.com/?p=28

nelsone

New User
Ed
Actually an event may be in order. I'm willing to help out over at Phillip's and I definitly want to see how that sander is going to fit into Jeremy's shop! I also want to kick around some "learning opportunity" type gatherings, kind of along the line of the turn and learn we did a while back!

BTW, congrats on the new toy Jeremy! Looks like an excellent tool. Are you going to compete with Alan on a restoration projeect???

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Actually an event may be in order. I'm willing to help out over at Phillip's and I definitly want to see how that sander is going to fit into Jeremy's shop! I also want to kick around some "learning opportunity" type gatherings, kind of along the line of the turn and learn we did a while back!

You thinking this weekend?

Are you going to compete with Alan on a restoration projeect???

I don't think so. This baby is in great shape and I don't think Rick could have used it too much. Seems to be made in 2000.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Whatever works for you guys! Phillip's place is easier during the week for me since I'm up here anyway.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Very Nice an BIG! I bet it will do a great job.

It's funny I just used my Ridgid Spindle/Belt sander combo last night (for the first time, Ha ha). To make an odd shapped curve on Shoe molding to go over another piece of shoe molding. It worked great~!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Jeremy - I want one of those. I have the Ridgid (works great too) and don't NEED another one...I just WANT one! :rotflm: :rotflm:

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS