Final steps on walnut nightstand

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
Well, I have the shop door wide open and the county music playing. Ain't retirement grand. Forgive me for glotting but it's such a beautiful day and I am finally getting started on staining up the nightstand. I will be using Golden Pecan for the stain. Would you believe, the husband who gave me his shop and doesn't come in very much to visit, he is willing to stain my project. You know how you sometimes only want to make furniture and would pay someone to stain and finish it so you can get on to the next project. Can't wait to have it finished so I can share the final pics. :-D

For those of you who are just getting started in woodworking well it is going to be a rewarding experience to say the least.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Sounds like you have a good thing going on there.

LOML usually helps if we're doing a wipe on finish. She hates glue-ups. Pretty smart, huh? :)

Enjoy the open door experience. I hope to open my doors in about two hours!

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I know the feeling. I am working in and out of the shop today. The 16' boards that I am cutting down to size are too large to be maneuvered gracefully in my shop, so they're being cut outside. And the glue-up are being done out there to, because there is more space. It's actually a little hot :p here in Clayton. Tomorrow is supposed to be even prettier. Enjoy it before the humidity sets in:tounge_sm

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Lorraine, I am glad to hear your nightstand project is moving along. I look forward to seeing your final pix.

D L

M

McRabbet

Sounds like beautiful music is wafting across Lake Gaston and hand-crafted contentment abounds... Enjoy....:)

Rob

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I expect to post the pics on Sunday. The poly is going on now and it is beautiful if I must say so myself. Can't wait to do show and tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors