final dining table pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

thsb

New User
Tim
i am struggling loading pictures and have to get back to work but there are a couple of more in the gallery. i have finished my dining table and my wife loves it so all is good. I definitely learned some lessons and it is hard to overlook the mistakes but I am happy with how it looks.

I appreciate all the help that people gave me as I learn how to do things. I beefed up the apron, permanently attached the apron to the legs, and fixed a lot of the shellac issues based on feedback i got here.

the table top edges have a 15 degree bevel. the legs are made from 12/4 hard maple. the aprons 2 4/4 maple pieces (making it 3 inches by 2 inches) that are glued together. i had a cup in the top that i was able to screw down and i think i have accounted for wood movement adequately.

next step is making benches out of hard maple, using the same design (De La Espada) that i borrowed for the table.

dining_table_016.JPG

View image in gallery

dining table 017.jpgdining table 004.jpg

Attachments

• dining table 015.jpg
    dining table 015.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 60

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Exceptional and extremely clean looking design... everything looks so flat - loving it :) I can almost hear the top going pop pop pop as it moves along the aprons especially on a day like today. Just tell the wife if she comments on the popping noises, that solid wood moves according to the weather, just like my old joints pop and creak so does wood :(

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
if the boss is happy with it, you should be too! Looks great :eusa_clap

And don't worry, after the kids are done with it, all those minor flaws won't be noticed :D

Sam

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very, very nice! :icon_thum

I am sure that you will receive lots of nice comments for a job well done.

Thanks for sharing the pics of all your hard woork!

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Congratulations Tim. You have discovered the secret to a successful woodworking project: "The wife loves it!" :wink_smil

Bill

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Outstanding job Tim. Congratulations for persevering so now you and the family can enjoy it.

What are the final dimensions?

Sure beats the $4,000 that De La Espada wanted for their version. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS