Fein Multimaster Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpw

New User
Charles
I know, I know - I can get them online.

You may remember I scored an older model Fein sander a couple of months ago, but it only came with a couple of sanding pads and a vacuum attachment. We are in the process of buying a foreclosure that needs some work so I am going to have ample opportunity to put it to good use.

1) Do any brick and mortar stores stock a decent variety of Fein MM attachments? (At a fair price?)

2) Does anyone know if any of the new multi tools (Dremel, Bosch, etc.) attachments will fit the Fein?

Thanks,
Charles

Tom Eichenberger

New User
tom eichenberger
There is no doubt about it, the Fein runs circles around any other multitool out there. I have a Supercut,which also takes a specialty blade. Fein sells an attatchment which allows you to use the old style blades.

To make a short story long, old style Feins will accept blades from Harbor Freight, Northern Hydraulic, Bosch and Dremel(Available at Lowes and Home Depot).

Smooth move scoring the old style Fein.:icon_cheers

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Klingspor's Woodworking Shop offers all of the Fein accessories! We have them in stock at our 3 locations in NC and online. www.woodworkingshop.com or 800-228-0000. :icon_thum

Yes, I work for Klingspor but Yes we do offer all of them. By the way, we have the Dremel and Bosch accessories as well.

Come by and see us!

Coleman

cpw

New User
Charles
Tom,

Thanks for the info.

I'm looking at the Bosch attachments on Lowes' website now.
"Universal interface for compatibility with older Fein 636 MultiMaster"
And they're cheaper too. Whoo-hoo! :icon_cheers

Charles

bwat

New User
Bill
I never paid close attention to the accessories until I bought one of these tools. There is as w - i - d - e a range of pricing on accessories as there is on multi tools. As you start comparing you will see BIG differences in the weight and quality of accessories too. For one time use the cheaper accessories may suffice.

Tom Eichenberger

New User
tom eichenberger
There is a big difference in quality of blades/attachments for multitools. As more companies sell the tools , the quality goes up (In just 8 month I've seen a difference at Harbor Freight.)Bosch/Dremel have been pretty good. Fein, don't know, can't afford 'em (although I'm looking at an adaptor for my Supercut because of the wide selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors