Fall of the Riser

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I struggled with addition of riser to my PM 14 bandsaw for two years. Adjusting and readjusting just didn't yield accuracy. So this week I removed the riser and now it's running true: coplanar wheels with 3/16" blade centered on the tires. :-D If I need 12" resawing I'll be calling on my fellow NCWWers :lol:

PM14_sans_riser.jpg

BTW, anyone wanna trade some 93" blades for 105's? One is a unused 3/8" Timberwolf :oops:

Roger

woodArtz

New User
Bob
I've been thinking about going the opposite direction. Everyone had me convinved to add the riser to my Delta 14". I still think I will. I do have some brand new 93s :-D.

T

toolferone

I don't know about trading but I might buy the blades if the price is right.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Did you contact WMH group about your problem? Most likely, the locating pins/ holes weren't drilled correctly. Could be that ends of riser weren't machined parrallel to each other. Any good machine shop could grind them to parrallel. Students over at Durham Tech could do this for you. PS, that is what you get for buying cheap tools. Just did a google search for "problems with riser block on Powermatic bandsaw". There s a bunch of them there.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Did you contact WMH group about your problem? Most likely, the locating pins/ holes weren't drilled correctly. Could be that ends of riser weren't machined parrallel to each other. Any good machine shop could grind them to parrallel. Students over at Durham Tech could do this for you. PS, that is what you get for buying cheap tools. Just did a google search for "problems with riser block on Powermatic bandsaw". There s a bunch of them there.

Right you are, Bruce. IIRC it was FWW that just did a review of bandsaws. They were unable to get the PM wheels coplanar with a riser . . . the only model. :roll: Yes, a fellow NCWWer did machine the riser for me (it was not parallel and dished :-?) Several members have provided helpful suggestion in previous posts. Steve DeWeese successfully added riser to his PM. But after two years, I've given up the struggle. No whining here, it's still a great saw with lots of good features . . . but mine just wasn't meant to have a riser. :lol: In general, I've been very satisfied with WMH tools and their services.

Tom, just PM or call about the blades. One is new and several others (various sizes) may have some life left.

Roger

gazzer

Gazzer
Corporate Member
Roger, I have a few new and used 93" blades collecting dust since I raised my 14" Delta BS. You are welcome to them. They are Delta brand that I picked up at a Lowes clearance a few years back. They are mostly 1/4" but there may be a few other widths.

PM me if interested

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
hey roger you are always welcome here to resaw. i am a little out of the way for you but the option is always there!:icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
hey roger you are always welcome here to resaw. i am a little out of the way for you but the option is always there!:icon_thum

Thanks Fred! This gives me another good reason to revisit :icon_thum:icon_thum

Roger

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You are welcome to come out and use mine to resaw any time. I can't say that I blame you. After screwing with something like that for so long at times it is best to say it isn't worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS