Entertainment Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Callihan

New User
Mike
I have been told in my introduction thread that you like pictures. :gar-Bi
Sooooo... Lately most of y projects have been related to the house I have building forever. My DW informed me that I couldn't have my new flat screen TV until I got the entertainment center done. It was a race to get it done before Super Bowl Sunday but I made it.

The unit measures 12' wide X 8' tall. The panels for the doors were made from 1/2" Baltic birch that I veneered with quilted cherry. I bought a sequential flitch of veneer. I then book matched the pieces while keeping them sequential order and using a vacuum bag laminated them to the Baltic Birch. I cover the backs with backer cherry.

101021795.jpg

Mike

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Beautiful entertainment center. I really like the quilted cherry veneer. :icon_thum

M

McRabbet

Beautiful work, Mike, but you've just skimmed the surface -- you gotta show off the kitchen and some of your house trim details, including the front door -- folks, this man has real talent!

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Real nice Mike,that has :icon_cheeWOW:icon_chee written all over it.That quillted Cherry looks great.That flat screen looks good surrounded by a very nice entertainment unit.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: OK so the inside of your house is as beautiful as the outside. Awesome work, keep it coming I can always use more inspiration from greatness.

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Now that's some fine woodworking!
The bookmatch doors look evergreen trees, nice touch :icon_thum

Roger

nelsone

New User
Ed
:eek:...so when are you going to learn how to make some nice stuf!:rolf:

That's a gorgeous piece of work. I'll assume you have a vacuum press? Great choice of veneer and very nicely executed!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
One question - what's the point of getting a really nice TV? I'd be watching the quilted cherry panels all night long.....who cares if it's a repeat :) Beautiful work.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just beautiful.... I could not make that in my dreams.

Oh, you have to forgive Bas. He is from the other side of the pond and thinks football uses a round white ball that you can't touch with your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS