electric chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I've got a little money to spend and have decided I want an electric chainsaw. Primarily for processing bowl blanks and light work, ....not for Lumberjackin' :mrgreen:
I have a smaller gas model but I am going to pass that along to someone who needs it much more than I ( you know who you are :mrgreen: )
Any advise, input, positives and negatives or for-sale saws appreciated :icon_thum

TIA

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Ask Russ Denz about his Makita, it is a great saw! Used it once while I was there, man was it sweet. But if'n he decides to sell it you'd better not scoop me!! I gots dibs!!!:gar-Bi

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Robert,
Darn.....I was going to sing the virtues of my Makita (model UC3530A) but Gary beat me to it :nah:
One area that might not have any import to "Mr Turner" is the fact that when you release the trigger everything stops. Being that I have to use it from a sitting position that is a huge safety factor for me. Only recently have I been able to find replacement chains for it and that's been a big plus. I'm certainly not an expert on chainsaws, gas, electric or steam-driven:gar-Bi, but I sure like it...and I can't say that about every tool I've bought. Good luck to you.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I have an old Remington 16" that has held up very well over the years (I cleaned up after Fran with it), but it is a "Made in USA" model and the newer ones are not. If you see a used one for sale, ask if it is made in USA.

macdaddy

New User
Steve
I think you will really like the electric. I had a tree fall across a trail and could not get the gas saw to start. So I hauled a generator out in the woods and cut it up with a 14" Remington electric and have been useing it ever since eventhough it is a hassle taking a gas generator along.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I have one I'll give you :) It's at the lake and I'm going down Sunday. I think it's a 14 0r 16". It really does work well on light duty stuff. IFRC it's called a Wasp:dontknow:

Anyway, I'll bring it home and when you are in Burlington or somewhere close I'll meet you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS