early Xmas present for shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
This is a Christmas present to myself. I was planning on buying this saw in the spring, but went ahead and got it when they put them on sale for $300.00 off until the end of the year. This bandsw is built like a tank. It weighed 667 pounds in the crate it came in. I got my nephew to help me push it out of the bed of my truck and down the ramps. I was worried that the tail gate might not hold it, but it did a great job. I hope to use it for the next 40 years and then let my son have it when I'm to old to use it. I'm going to build a base to set it on to raise it up 5" for me to use. The 35.5" table height on most heavy duty bandsaws are just to short for me. A bit of advise, if you have a Rhino lined truck bed put crates of this weight on a piece of plywood or you might not ever get it to slide out.:gar-Bi
Jack
100_1503.jpg

100_1504.jpg

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Wow!!!!!:tool: Nice machine!! I'm sure your shop will be eternally greatful to Santa for its wonderful present. I won't say it, but there might be others on here who would say--

You really suck!!!!:gar-La;

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks guy's, Reggie she is a MiniMax MM16. Has resaw height of 16" and a 4.8 hp motor. Sawman I knew some one would tell me that.:gar-Bi
Jack

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Wow! 16" and a 4.8 hp motor? That's like, 0.3 per inch! :rolf: Awesome score, and congrats on getting the beast inside. I'd venture a guess that you've already resawn 50bd.ft. into thin strips of veneer just "because you can".

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Congrats ! Love mine and haven't looked back since getting it. Haven't went the full resaw distance ...yet but who knows, I might just find a stash of 100 yr old wood that I want to make into veneer. Have done some 14" though. Great saw regardless of all the gripes about various things. Have fun

Mike

HLW

Harold
User
Great looking saw Jack. I guess you are asking yourself by now,"was it worth the back surgery" and "hernia operation" I'm going to need after unloading it?:rotflm:

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Hey Jack,ya know yer already to danged old to handle that monster,But you know you have an ole friend who will be glad to take care of it for you.You know so as ya don't hurt yerself.:gar-Bi That do look like a goodie :wink_smil

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
Congratulations on an awesome Christmas present. I have one and love it.

I do have a couple of suggestions. You may want to made a better insert than the factory one or if you are cutting pieces with small offcuts, use a base under it so offcuts can't get stuck in the insert and throw the blade off which cuts through the guides and ruins a new, week old carbide blade. This is definitely the voice of experience talking. I wish I had never had that experience. One other suggestion is buying one of the 1" carbide blades from Laguna that Travis recommended in a previous thread. At $85 including shipping that is a steal! The MM16 takes a 154" blade.

That is a great bandsaw! You rock!

Amy

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Conbandulations..............:gar-Bi :icon_thum:icon_thum

Does this mean the recession is over?

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
S W E E T !!
Very nice score Jack. Not sure you need that much bandsaw to round up blanks - but....
what else would a turner so with such a tool?? :slap:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
What a terrific score. Now, of course, you owe us some pictures of whatever you cut up / make with this new [STRIKE]toy[/STRIKE] tool

You rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors