Dustless Shop Vac

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Ran across this company at the K/BIS show in Vegas a couple of weeks ago. They appear to offer a highly effective shopvac system.

While I don't own one, I thought this may interest some here ...

http://www.dustlesstechnologies.com/
Productline1206smaller.JPG

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
LoL ... the Vegas trip was a nice break for the regular pace ...

They did demo it as they sucked up a 1/2 full 5 gallon bucket of drywall dust ... and it appeared to do a great job (about 100 times better than the Ridgid-brand ones I own). There wasn't a spec of dust escaping the unit ... even when it kicked on (mines always throws off a dust cloud).

Does anyone out here own one?

M

McRabbet

Jeremy,

I've never seen one, but IMHO their price is pretty high. I use a Shop Vac 16 gallon Wet/Dry Vac and have both a paper cartridge filter and Drywall filter bags in it whenever I connect it to my router table, miter saw, Belt/Disc Sander, Benchtop Spindle Sander or one of my RO Sanders. The drywall bags don't let anything through that I can see (no fine dust around the exhaust ports). I've also seen 5-gallon bucket water filters connected to drywall sanders that use the water to catch the drywall dust -- lots less expensive solutions.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
If Cleanstream makes a filter to fit your vacumm, it is one of the best investments you will ever make. When it gets dirty, shake clean, and then wash with garden hose. Let dry overnite and reinstall again. If you can do it, refrigerator is the best place to dry filter. Remember how it dries out uncoverd food? Just don't let LOML find it. If she does,------

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Jeremy - Have you been to Bill Pentz's site?
http://billpentz.com/Woodworking/Cyclone/Index.cfm
Lot of information - IMO the best source for info on dust collection.

What I got out of it was that if you don't share air between the shop and the house you don't really need fine dust collection in the shop (good chip collection yes, fine dust collection no). Just blow it outside (you do need to wear a good dust mask). In your case a good fan running in the back of the garage while you're working and leaf blower clean up when done would take care of things.

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors