Duragrit TruSander carbide sanding block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Anyone tried one of these?
http://duragrit.com/us/tools/handsand/index.html

I ran across a review of a similar product (sup-r-sander) in an old issue of FWW (~2000). I try to avoid sandpaper most of the time (favoring a scraper) but still fall back to sanding for some tasks. Curious to hear if they hold up as well as advertised...

Glennbear

Glenn
I ran across a similar old magazine ad and it piqued my curiosity. I too would like to hear from some real world users before I laid out the purchase price although the concept sounds good. :wsmile:

Last edited:

BSHuff

New User
Brian
One thing is that most of them are only low grit. I find that if I prep the boards right, and use sharp tools and don't have carvings/curves/etc, I start around 120 with my sanding, and that where these seem to stop, so in my workflow I don't see a lot of use in something like this.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
One thing is that most of them are only low grit. I find that if I prep the boards right, and use sharp tools and don't have carvings/curves/etc, I start around 120 with my sanding, and that where these seem to stop, so in my workflow I don't see a lot of use in something like this.

They go up to 150 grit.

Anyway, I was asking if anyone had actually used them and could report on how well they work and how long they lasted?

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I've had one of their flat sanding sticks for at least 20 years. Still works! Has 60 grit on one side and 120 on the other.

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS