Drum Sander Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice Figures

New User
Sharon Barrett & Paula LaBelle
I just got a Jet 16/32 sander and the paper was getting clogged up in sections and burning the wood, I have a dust collector and use the eraser regularly. I saw a tip in one of the magazines I get on getting stubborn material off the paper. I tried it and it worked great. They used a piece of plexiglass, holding it on the area while it's running (like the eraser), moving it back and forth. It took a little while but it really worked, this little trick will save me from having to replace the paper when it gets a bad spot. :thumbs_up

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I will give that a shot. I have heard that not completely getting glue globs off may be a cause of that.

Nice Figures

New User
Hi Travis,

I'm sure it probably was glue but I just couldn't get it all off before I sanded. The plexiglass did a good job at getting it off the sandpaper. I've read so many tips through the years, if I could just remember them when I need them.....must be getting old.

Paula

M

McRabbet

Here is what I use for my stationary belt sander and drum sander to clean up the paper. I'd bet you can find it a Klingspor's Woodworking Shop, too. Buildup on the paper is caused by trying to take too big a bite -- be gentle and the paper will last lots longer and the results better (DAMHIKT).

Nice Figures

New User
I use the eraser for general build up and it works great but the plexiglass (or sneakers) trick works on spots where glue or something has bonded to the paper and won't come off with the eraser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors