Dresser-Bed Complete

BKHam

Bradley
User
i've posted some progress shots on the case build so i'll not rehash those. you can find that here: https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/bed-with-integrated-dresser-progress.70891/

This is definitely a kid's bed and is pretty low. its a great play table for my daughter.

I wanted to have the seamless look so to get hte grain to continue from the drawer fronts to the doors, i used plywood for the doors and my vac bag to glue it. the back panel is a frame and panel with veneered 1/4 inch ply. The rest is solid wood.

a couple of fun features for my daughter and some added interest for me during the build, some secret compartments. a flip out drawer, false back, false bottom, and a shallow shelf at top of one of hte compartments. aromatic cedar closet liners for drawer bottoms.

DSC00716.JPG
DSC00719.JPG

DSC00727.JPG
DSC00728.JPG

DSC00729.JPG
20201025_073342.jpg

Attachments

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
I love that.

While I enjoy making dovetails, I've always been too scared to show them in casework (doing half blinds instead). These look great. I need to be more bold with this stuff.

BKHam

Bradley
User
I love that.

While I enjoy making dovetails, I've always been too scared to show them in casework (doing half blinds instead). These look great. I need to be more bold with this stuff.
i'm not a huge fan of the actual making of halfblinds or i'd incorporate them more. i think it actually takes some bravado to do half blinds on a case....do all that work and not show it off. that is bold in my book.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Excellent work. I love the dovetails and the hidden features, as well as the matched grain all across the front.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS