Dremel Scroll Saw Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
Hey Phillip,

I saw you had a problem back in Feb with your 1800 saw not holding blades. Did you get that problem fixed? My new 1830 is doing good but I'd like to be ready if that problem creeps up on me. Mine doesn’t hold some spiral blades that I bought but I think that is more of the blades fault. They are twisted all the way to the ends. It seems to me that the ends should be flat. All other blades work fine in my saw.

How do you have your saw set up? Here is my set up. I have my saw mounted on a Sears tool stand. I replaced the top with a solid wood table. I took the feet off the saw and have it bolted down on a high density rubber mat that we use in leather crafting to absorb mallet blows. I took the hold down foot off and replaced it with a desk lamp in the holder. I run the saw with a dead man foot controller. I put a power strip on the stand so I can run accessories like the rotary tool or the mouse sander.

Oh I forgot one part, the original scroll saw table height on the stand was 39 1/2". I cut 6" off the bottom of the legs and now the with the thicker wood and 1/4" rubber mat the scroll saw table is now 34" high. Just the right height for me wile sitting.

Dremelstation.jpg

sawduster

New User
Robert
I'm not Phillip but I can offer a suggestion on your spirals . Take a small hammer and lightly flatten the ends of your blades. just make sure the blade doesn't roll while you're doing it :icon_thum

Nice set up ! :banana:

I use Flying Dutchman easy spirals which are already flattened and I absolutely love them :icon_thum

linky : http://www.mikesworkshop.com/

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Mitch, I have not had any problems since I started cutting about 1/16 off of the bottom of the blade so that the tension will tighten up better - As of today I can not figure out why this is - I too have the same problem with the spirals and I Like Robert order my blades from Mike's and I get the flat spirals from him - expecting an order today from him - I have my saw on a homemade table that sits up about 30" plus the height of the saw - I like to sit down while cutting - Sorry I can't be of any more help -

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
Great tips guys. I'll break out the anvil and hammer the 10 spiral blades I have left flat. Now I know that if I need more tension to cut off 1/16" off the bottom of the blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS