Drawer slides

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to mount a couple drawers under a long work table. I need drawer slides that mount under the top (no sides) and to the side of the drawers.

I was thinking that cabinet floor mounted slides if turned up side down would work.

Any suggestions?

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Keyboard pull out slides are configured to be mounted to the underside of the table top. The load rating might not be as high as you want though.

bobby g

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
You may be better off building a box under the work table to hold the drawers using standard drawer slides.

As Bob pointed out, the only under the top mount drawer slides I have seen are the pencil/keyboard drawer type, and they have a low weight capacity.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Or you could make drawer hangers like this:

Shaker_Sewing_Table_1_.JPG

View image in gallery

If you can't tell anything from this pic, I'll try another if you want.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Maybe it's old age, but I seem to remember some "screw on" brackets for hanging drawers, just don't remember where, or who. You could drill and tap a piece of 1/8" 2 X 2 aluminum angle.

Jim Kunzweiler

New User
Jim
If keyboard slides are not heavy duty enough my hardware supplier sells an L bracket for his slides that can be used to support the back end of a slide in a face frame cabinet or to suspend it from a table top. As I recall they weren't very expensive.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Hanging slides depend on the strength of screws holding the weight in their weakest direction. Screws are stronger in shear strength than in pull out strength. A wide flange angle bracket with lots of screws into the top would help raise the load carrying ability.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Hanging slides depend on the strength of screws holding the weight in their weakest direction. Screws are stronger in shear strength than in pull out strength. A wide flange angle bracket with lots of screws into the top would help raise the load carrying ability.

Good point Mike. Mending plates (sold where joist hangers are) bent to 90 degrees would work well.

bobby g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS