DQ Checker....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Me again....

While helping someone chase down their missing DQ status, I ended up stealing Steve's code to determine DQ status.

Would there be interest in taking this code and making it into some sort of tool?

We could use it to let people check their own status or we could use it to contact people who are missing certain settings to become DQ.

The example I hit was a user thought his Username covered the First/Last name requirement.

We could also use it as a way to motivate newer users with a PM like "If you visit the site 3 more times this week and post 2 more times, DQ Powers Will be YOURS!!!!".

Can't say this is critical work, but wondered if others spend time chasing down DQ issues?

Jim

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Oh, me like. It would be great if people could go to a page (or even within the user's Control Panel) and see which of the required elements they are missing. As for PM'ing someone...not sure about that. Perhaps if they met the visit frequency and post count, but haven't done the Who We Are intro yet.

One thing that would be cool is if someone received a PM once they acquire DQ status...or is that already done?

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'm not aware of any notification. I think that'd be "easy".

We can also "easily" add custom stuff to the User Profile control panel. The name of that escapes me right now, but we have some custom stuff in there now.

From Rob's post in the Programmers thread, sounds like we could use both Staff and User tools to make this easier to manage.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors