Donation Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
It seems that we have settled into the idea of the quarterly donation drive. That sort of happened by accident, but it seems like a good idea:gar-Bi. Of course, we'll accept donation any time.:rotflm:
There is now way to have a donation drive that is low key, but we try to make it more low key than other sites. No thermometers, no special "badges of honor" applied to your public presence. In fact we don't even want our users to publicly state that they have made a contribution. Our goal is not to set up a situation where we have public peer pressure.
What we do want , is that our users contribute what they can afford modified by what they feel this site and its parent corporation are worth to them. If that's zero, then so be it. You still have full access, know one but me will know how much or how little you donate. And to be honest, I'm to busy to look at the details, I am mainly interested in the totals:eusa_danc

Anyway we have started this quarters' drive and it will continue until the end of the month. Just go to the donation page to pay immediately or get the check mailing address.

OR

Now there is another method to donate, it has several advantages to both you and to NCWWI. At this point, I have not yet automated as much of this process as I would like to. So to initiate the process simply send an email to donations@ncwoodworker.net In it, please give me your USERNAME and the email address you want me to use and the amount you want to donate. You will then receive an email with an attachment which is in effect an invoice for the amount you said, but because we are a non-profit, it will be called a pledge form:icon_scra. You can then send a check referencing the pledge/invoice number or click on a link in the email where you will be taken to a web address where you can pay by credit card. This will NOT be PayPal but another Credit Card processor who is directly integrated with both our Corporate checking account and our bookkeeping system. The advantages to you is that you now have a paper trail of the transaction. The advantages to us is the integration with our bookkeeping system.

There is another set of advantages for some of you. When we first started accepting donations, many of you wanted to know if we could automatically remind you to donate at some standard period (I promise you that people actually did ask us this:rotflm:) Well now we can do it using the same method. If want this, add to your email how often you want to be reminded and the amount. And you'll get a pledge form each period that you specified. In fact we can even go one step further than that, if you so desire, we can auto charge your account at the period specified. Just tell us in the email that is what you want.

Your support is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Are donations tax deductible? I know there was some question prior to incorporation, but just wondering where that stands today.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Are donations tax deductible? I know there was some question prior to incorporation, but just wondering where that stands today.
Steve, we are still in that grey area. The state says we may operate that way, but we have not yet applied to the IRS. The only thing I can say is ask your accountant. I will did not claim it for this 2008. But plan on filing an amended return(s) as soon as we have IRS approval. I wwould hope that we will apply by the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS