Doll Cradle WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

#1 Grand Daughter's doll cradle. Plan called for cherry, but don't have any... so I just used some old nasty birdseye ambrosia maple instead. Didn't have time to finish sanding or put a finish on, going to finish it with spray polycrylic.

http://woodstore.net/sweetdolcrad.html

As for the plan - the pictures were good, I didn't look at much else.

P101000229.JPG

P101000514.JPG

Thanks

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Jeff, Looking good so far. Be sure to update us on the progress.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey Jeff, that looks great! Ambrosia maple can really make for some pretty projects. Are you going to round the edges a little?

adowden

Amy
Corporate Member
Jeff,

That is some beautiful wood. You may want to engrave your granddaughter's name on the bottom and/or date it. I'm sure it will enjoyed!

Amy

J

jeff...

Thanks for the replies...

It's a left over board that came from the lumber ToolMan bought from me. I don't know if Chad had a chance to work any of the maple he bought from me at KD lumber run #4. I was really surprised to find birds eye under the rough cut when it came out the other side of the planer. The birds eye figure is something I totally overlooked when I sawed the two logs from the tree.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks

toolman

New User
Chad
Jeff
Great looking doll cradle!! :notworthy: Don't you just love Ambrosia maple!! :rolf: :rolf:

I have not had the time to make my book case, WOW that Ambrosia looks beautiful!!

[MOUSE]YOU ROCK JEFF!! :eusa_danc[/MOUSE]

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Sure purdy, Jeff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Built for the test of time! Some wee ones are going to have wail of time playing with this cool real life looking cradle!

Love the wood!!!!!!!!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Wayne

J

jeff...

Grand Daughters Doll Cradle is done, here's a few pics. I think she'll get a few years of enjoyment out of it.

P101000127.JPG

P101000230.JPG

P101000322.JPG

P101000420.JPG

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS