Does Anyone Have a Milwaukee SCMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeman45

New User
Steve
I am researching saws right now and the Milwaukee (6955-20) is getting great reviews. I know Milwaukee is solid/tuff tools as I have owned some in the past. Just curious if anyone on here owns this saw or has any input!!

Thanks
Steve :eek:ccasion1

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, I own that saw. I took advantage of the sale HD had on it recently. At over 70 pounds I would not consider this to be portable so it will stay in my shop. I probably only have a few hours on this saw so far but my first impressions are positive. The saw runs very smooth, the indexing detents are strong and the dust pickup is quite good. What I like the most is the fine tune capability and the digital miter readout. It is very easy to dial in 45.2 without falling back to the 45 detent. phil

newtonc

New User
jak
I also picked one up when the HD was unloading them.
I think it's solid and a good saw.I have had a good chance to use it for cutting quite a number of 2x4's recently.Because it was new, I had to use it over my old miter saw.
But I have found there is some play in the slide once the blade is slid back entirely.Not much,but some.So I think I'll rely on my old miter saw when it comes to a finer cut.I could recreate the same length and cut over and over again on my old saw...I don't see this happening here.
But I am talking about a VERY slight difference.But that makes all the difference in fine woodworking.
I would still recommend it,but note the limitations.And for the clearance price it was sold for at the HD I would buy it again,but would hate to have paid more now that I see it's limitations.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
But I have found there is some play in the slide once the blade is slid back entirely.Not much,but some.So I think I'll rely on my old miter saw when it comes to a finer cut.I could recreate the same length and cut over and over again on my old saw...I don't see this happening here.
But I am talking about a VERY slight difference.But that makes all the difference in fine woodworking.
I would still recommend it,but note the limitations.And for the clearance price it was sold for at the HD I would buy it again,but would hate to have paid more now that I see it's limitations.

It is the findings above that make me more prone to purchase tools from a B & M store rather than an internet one. Don't misunderstand - I use internet purchasing when I can, but one can't get a feel for a tool's limitations without that hands on experience.

blazeman45

New User
Steve
So I think I'll rely on my old miter saw when it comes to a finer cut.I could recreate the same length and cut over and over again on my old saw...I don't see this happening here.

What was your old saw? A sliding or fixed and which brand? Just curious.... Thx:eek:ccasion1

JohnDistai

New User
John
I like how the Craigslist poster admitted "Hey, I got it for less, and now they're gone. However, I'd be willing to sell the new one for a profit..." I can appreciate this guy's efforts and honesty.

newtonc

New User
jak
My old saw is just a 10' Craftsman miter saw(fixed).And I am not a huge fan of Craftsman(it was a gift),but I have had it more than 10 years and it has had a lot of use and the only complaint I ever had about it was that it isn't a sliding saw.That's why when there was a 12' sliding for $300 I jumped on it.That was the capacity I always wanted.

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
I picked up the display at the clearance price + another 15% off. Didn;t look at it too hard and thought the blade it came with was really nice.....till a friend told me it was cardboard:rotflm:

Embarrassing to say the least. The first cut would have been pretty funny.

blazeman45

New User
Steve
till a friend told me it was cardboard:rotflm:

Embarrassing to say the least. The first cut would have been pretty funny.

So how did it cut? And I guess you could get a serious "PAPER" cut if not careful!!!:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rolf:

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
So how did it cut? And I guess you could get a serious "PAPER" cut if not careful!!!:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rolf:

Just looked at it again in my garage. That blade still looks real:wsmile: Got to get the blade off of my Dewalt and install it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS