dispensing double sided tape

woodgnome

woodgnome
User
After completing multiple setups for small box project, I am reaching out for any ideas, tips, hacks or contraptions that will improve me getting double sided tape from the roll to precise areas of the project.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Benji

Rushton

Rush
Senior User
Benji, I'm not sure exactly what your trying to accomplish, but I've adopted Jody's recommendations (Inspire Woodcraft) for working with double-sided tape and they are working well for me.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Using a sharpened putty knife as an exact straight substitute for you finger lets you place it all the way to a corner, as well as works like a fence/cutter. to tear it off exactly where you want it. (To be honest, I haven't used it for double sided tape, but have used this technique for years using masking tape.) By "sharpened" I mean beveled on one side like a wood chisel,

Last edited:

woodgnome

woodgnome
User
To clarify I was ganging many 3/4" x 5/8" box face,sides & backs (pre-miter) to sand and run through the joiner (multiple repositioning required for lepordwood) using 1" Xfasten.
Basically needind 3/8" slices as to not extended beyond the surface.

Thanks for the input.

Looks like I'm going to get a pair of dedicated Fisker's for this task in the future.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
FYI... I'll have to double check but I believe the Intertape brand of double sided tape he referenced is what Shaper Tools includes and sells with/for the Shaper Origin. It also happened to be what my company uses and buys by the pallet. We make a non woven polyester fabric on three production lines. At the end of the lines the fabric gets wound onto a cardboard tube that's 5" in diameter. To get the fabric to start winding onto the tube, a strip of the Intertape double sided tape is applied to the tube full length (anywhere from ~110" to 210" in length). It's really good stuff! After using it with the Shaper Origin, I'm sold! I don't use anything else anymore. It's really good stuff!

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just saw a tip in FWW magazine using a wheel marking gauge to cut exact width strips from a roll of tape

mpeele

michael
User
FYI... I'll have to double check but I believe the Intertape brand of double sided tape he referenced is what Shaper Tools includes and sells with/for the Shaper Origin. It also happened to be what my company uses and buys by the pallet. We make a non woven polyester fabric on three production lines. At the end of the lines the fabric gets wound onto a cardboard tube that's 5" in diameter. To get the fabric to start winding onto the tube, a strip of the Intertape double sided tape is applied to the tube full length (anywhere from ~110" to 210" in length). It's really good stuff! After using it with the Shaper Origin, I'm sold! I don't use anything else anymore. It's really good stuff!
I got some from Shaper Tools and it was Intertape.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS