Discounts for Charitable causes

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Hi Folks,
I was looking for places that offer discounts to charities and groups doing work for charities. I recently got tasked with building book shelves for a local charity. Our company was funding the work but was also looking for corporate partners to help with the supplies.
Have any of you ever come across or worked with local suppliers for charity?
I probably will be involved in future projects so I want to get a contact list put together.

Here's a picture of the project....still needs to be painted but luckily we have a paint crew.

Thanks,
Ron
aka yellofins

Attachments

• RRM Bookshelf.jpg
    RRM Bookshelf.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 157

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I've seen a fair amout of Lowe's ex-products at the Charlotte and Greensboro Habitat stores. May want to check with them.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hi Folks,
I was looking for places that offer discounts to charities and groups doing work for charities. I recently got tasked with building book shelves for a local charity. Our company was funding the work but was also looking for corporate partners to help with the supplies.
Have any of you ever come across or worked with local suppliers for charity?
I probably will be involved in future projects so I want to get a contact list put together.

Here's a picture of the project....still needs to be painted but luckily we have a paint crew.

Thanks,
Ron
aka yellofins

Looks good Ron and you should feel great about your personal contribution.:icon_thum

You've posed a tough question. :eusa_thin Local charities are usually limited to donations from local businesses. Large corporations and their "franchises" have very structured avenues for charitable donations.

I look forward to member suggestions on this. Ray (Habitat for Humanity volunteer) and Kids Making It folks (Jeff and Jimmy) may chime in with their experiences. And FWIW, posting requests for specific needs on NCWWer could be a start.

Roger

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Roger,

You are 100% correct about the larger suppliers having their processes in place. I was dealing with one of the large lumber/hardware suppliers for 2 weeks and still have no resolution. I finally had to purchase the materials and build the bookshelves in 1 weekend because of a closing deadline.

I did have physical help building the cabinets from a coworker.
He and his son made the job a lot easier.

Next time I'll schedule more time and get input from NCWW BEFORE I start.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS