Did I pay TOO MUCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Those who know me, know I like a deal. Well, yesterday I bought two router bits from a local pawn shop. Paid $40 for a Skill 1/4", 1/4" shank round over bit, and $25 for a Whiteside 3/8" 1/2" shank straight bit. If it wasn't for the accessories that came with them, I think I paid too much. Hint, Hint!:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi:gar-Bi Oh yeah, both bits were in new condition, but one of the accessories wasn't.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Accessories = a couple of routers (attached to the bits) of types to be gloated over later?????????????????

George

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Bruce you are a master at finding deals. I'm looking forward to seeing your bounty.

T

toolferone

I am quite sure it is a pair of PC690 routers. Nice haul Bruce.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
naw.... I'll throw in that there is a Colt in the mix!
There is the other half of the cigar. I got both a PC 690 that needed a cord, and a Bosch Colt for $65+ tax. The Colt is the variable speed model. Right now, with the building slowdown pawn shops are over loaded with tools. Same pawn shop has a DeWalt 12" slider for $299.99. It is the newer model that sells for about $700. It doesn't show signs of use, but I really didn't look very close, as I already have a 12" slider. Most shops will do at least 20%-25% off asking price, so ask for it. Pawn shop is Carolina Jewelery and Pawn on South Saunders Street. Merry Christmas, as mine is already merry! Bruce

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
December is usually a big month for pawn shops regardless of the economy. Many contractors shut down in the winter months and their subcontractors have to sell their tools so they can get the kids that GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip on it. Keep your eyes open.:thumbs_up
BTW, Congrats on the tool score - even w/o pics.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Sweet they are doing GI Joe with Kung Fu Grip again. Where where. I want one...

Oh wait no I mean I want a new table saw... Um yeah that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS