DeWALT Repair Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Has anyone used the factory DeWALT Repair Center in Raleigh to repair DeWALT tools?
I burned up my DW621 router last year using a Freud panel raising bit in it. :BangHead: I took it to a authorized DeWALT repair shop in Wilmington but the estimate for repair was $230.:eusa_doh: The good news is I had to buy a Freud FT200E 3 1/4 HP router to finish the cabinet doors. :eusa_danc Anyway I didn't get the 621 repaired. I just stored it in the shop trying to decide about tossing it out or maybe wait for a great deal on another DW621 for parts. I checked out the DEWALT web site last night and found the factory repair center located in Raleigh. I called them today and they said the maximum guaranteed repair cost would be $135. I shipped it to them this morning and should have it back in about 1 1/2 weeks. I liked the 621 for plunge work so it will be nice to have it back. Then I will not need to take the DW618 out of the table so much.

Tip: The factory repair center told me today that the authorized repair centers can't offer the low repair prices that the factory repair centers can.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dolan, thanks for the tip on the difference between the Factory Repair Center and an Authorized Repair Center. I know exactly where that Repair Center is in Raleigh and will be sure to use them if I ever need to get any of my DeWalt tools repaired.

Thanks,:icon_thum
D L

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Dolan,
I have a router im going to take there too. Keep us/me informed how the transaction goes. God bless friend

T

toolferone

The lady who runs the counter at the Raleigh Dewalt store is Crystal and she is very nice and very good at her job. I have known her for many years. The max cost thing is something they have done for a long time. If you agree to the cost then they repace anything bad even if it costs them more. The flip side is it might cost them less, but you still pay the same. The average out ok on this. In case you all are wondering why I know so much about this I worked at the old Charlotte location for almost 2 years. I did everything there, mostly repair, but spent lots of time the last 9 months at the front counter and running the shop when the manager was gone.

Anyway the Raleigh store will take good care of you, and tell Crystal, Tom (from Woodcraft) says hi.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
B&D/ DeWalt has had the 50% repair costs for years. Their (B&D) industrial/professional tools are completey refurbished for 50% of current sales price. Took a sander in once and they couldn't get parts, but made an offer of 50% off new equivlent model. This is a good thing. But sometimes they are a little lost. I took a 7" side grinder in once, as it needed a spindle bearing. Name tag was attached in a manner that when you rested it on back, you wore off nametag. Said without taking it apart, they didn't have a clue as to what bearing this would be. I was commuting to Norfork for work at that time. Took grinder with me and first chance went to service center in Norfork. When I walked in door, counterman asked if I needed brushes, or spindle bearing. No looking up anything-just knew. Later he told me that Newport News shipyard uses thousands ( yes thousands) of these grinders, so he was very familar with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS