Detail Sander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Anyone using one of the Detail Sanders, like the Fein unit? Is it worth the $$$$?

I need to sand the interior cuts on the project below and can't get my ROS worked inside. The Christmas Card is for my church, so it's also a convenient excuse to go tool shopping :rolf:

Christmas_Card_-_Phase_1.jpg

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have the Porter Cable detail sander and would be HAPPY to sell it to you. I have heard good things about the Fein though.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I recently had the same issue with a small bit of intricate sanding I needed to do. They sell "pin files" in sets of 5-6 files of various contours. Flat, round, triangular etc. The files themselves are about 6" long. In a pinch, they work fine for getting into those tight places.

I bought my set at Northern Tools for $2.95. Can't beat the price and they worked fine for me!

BTW....really nice work there with the scroll saw!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Wayne

Monty

New User
Monty
Looks like you did a good job - did you design those or is that a pattern?

I have used the (don't laugh) Black & Decker Mouse for some detail work. It's cheap, and it has this little doohicky that gets in the corners:

B0002ZU738.01.PT01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V65584376_.jpg

hpetty

New User
Hugh
- did you design those or is that a pattern?

I didn't design it, as such. It started out as a Christmas Card. I traced the sections out on graph paper and then increased it about 68 times to get the size we needed. I'm not an artist, but I could do the math, so it worked out for me. After completion the three sections will sit on the ground in a 3D manner. There will also be two angels perched on top of two of the sections.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
I have the Porter Cable detail sander and would be HAPPY to sell it to you. I have heard good things about the Fein though.

Thanks for the offer Travis and I would take you up on it if you were a little closer to the Charlotte area. I kind of need to get the sanding done this weekend.

BobN

New User
Bob
Details sanders, well over the years I think that I have had all of them.

My first one was the Ryobi, think it came out in the early 90s. It would really give your hand and wrist a good work out, talk about vibration. I finally threw it out.

Next Bosch came out with one, I liked it and still do, just couldn't get one that would hold up. The motors kept burning up. Had 3 of them before I give up.

Then I got a Porter Cable, it's a joke. I've used it a few times when I had nothing better to do and didn't really want to accomplish anything. Anybody want to buy it.

Now I have a Fein, it works pretty good. Can't really say anything bad about it. It sands as good as the Bosch did and I have had it about 3 or 4 years and I haven't burned the motor up yet. Plus it has some attachments that really work well also.

I have not used a Black & Decker detail sander, but my experience with other Black & Decker sanders has not be good.

To me the Fein sander is worth the money

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I think the Black and Decker Mouse is one of their more stable products. It is very widely used in the woodoworking community with very few complaints. I have never tried the Fein though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS