Delta Unisaw Arbor Wrench

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Does anybody have a unused behind the blade arbor wrench that needs a new home. Picked up a unisaw this week and it had no wrenches with it. I've got the large box end for the end of the blade side but need the long thin open end for securing the arbor. message me and Thanx

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
I have a unisaw and never use the behind blade wrench. Always use hardwood 1x2 against blade teeth while loosening nut. same for installing new blade.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I looked through several pounds of stamped sheet metal service wrenches and found nothing. I used to have several of those floating around. That bent angle on the 1-1-4" end made those wrenches not as useful for other purposes. If you're desperate, you can always consider bending a sheet metal 1-1/4" service wrench.

For what its worth, the stock number of that wrench (available from Renovo) is 955-01-050-1472, sometimes called 955010501472.

zdorsch

Zach
Corporate Member
I have a Unisaw too and have not found a need for that wrench.

New replacement behind the blade wrenches are also listed on eBay.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Thanx Bob and Zach, used the number to verify what I ordered was the correct wrench. It came in bright red which should help keep an eye on it. I've never been a fan of holding the blade using the teeth against a 2 by 2. My big Grizzly uses two long wrenches so the habit will live on.
Thanx

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
The kicker about the Unisaw back wrench is that it is bent at about a 15º angle down near the jaws. A straight 1-1/4" service wrench won't work well unless it gets bent.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS