Delta Shopmaster table saw wrench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
A friend of mine has a Delta Shopmaster TS200. To change the blade, you need two wrenches. A regular wrench will do fine for loosening the nut, but you need a thin stamped steel wrench to hold the arbor. Does anyone know where to get one of these? :icon_scra Neither the DeltaPorterCable nor the parts site were very helpful.

Or better yet, anyone have one of these lying around gathering rust/ dust? :mrgreen:

T

toolferone

Bas, He could use something like this.

http://www.benchdog.com/bladeloc.cfm
bladeloc.jpg

Rob

New User
Rob
I have a grinder that didn't come with the one wrench, I just bought a cheap wrench from Harbor Freight and ground it down thinner.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
:wwink:I just wedge a piece of scrap wood in the blade. the wrenches that come with tble saws have a SPECIAL place they go to.:gar-La;

Glennbear

Glenn
I have a grinder that didn't come with the one wrench, I just bought a cheap wrench from Harbor Freight and ground it down thinner.

:wwink:I just wedge a piece of scrap wood in the blade. the wrenches that come with tble saws have a SPECIAL place they go to.:gar-La;

I would have gone the grind down route also and apparently arbor wrenches disappear down the same black hole as router collet wrenches and odd socks in the dryer :gar-Bi

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Bas,
I went by the DeWalt store and had the same problem. They couldn't match the part number and dimension with what they had in stock. They had a couple of extra thin flat wrenches on their workbench made for something with a smaller nut and gave one to me. 5 minutes on a grinder and it fit. You can also use a discarded lawnmower blade and hacksaw/grind one.

Eat your spinach and use a new hacksaw blade if you go this route.:gar-La;

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I'll look at HF for a cheap wrench, and then see about grinding it down. The blade loc is certainly nice, but a trifle expensive for this saw.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The blade loc is certainly nice, but a trifle expensive for this saw.[/quote] Not when you paid what Pete did for his.:gar-La; Probably less than a HF wrench will cost.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think I bought a set of thin wrenches from HF that should do the trick. One end is offset to 80 degrees to use on hydraulic hoses.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I really like the Blade Loc :icon_thum:icon_thum
Of course, mine was free. For some inexplicable reason the manager of the local Payne Tools gave me one two years ago :dontknow:
But if I tear it up, I will pay for another.

Roger

woodrat

New User
Archie
I also have the Blade Loc and would not be without it.
Got mine about 5 years ago and, of course, had to pay
for it. Would buy another one if something happened to
this one. Great tool. :icon_thum

Woodrat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors