Delta: I am Irritated

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
As a follow up to my earlier rant (below), I am more aggravated than ever! Apparently, Delta did change the part number of the plastic dust collection bags on the model 50-720...but no one has them and they are not sure when, of if, they will be resupplied. Additionally, the price I was quoted for one (1) plastic disposable bag is $21.97!!! I was paying a little of a $1.00 per bag. At the current price, whenever I use my planner I could go through $80.00 in bags in a heart beat. It is official... I am ticked! :kamahlitu

Please forgive my rant, but today I am officially disappointed with Delta Machinery Corp. Among the several Delta products I own, one is a small single stage dust collector (50-720). This particular system uses disposal plastic bags for dust collection. I have owned the system for approximately two years and I go through about 20 to 25 bags per year. Last week I tried purchasing a batch of new bags from our local Delta parts distributor only to be told that they do not have any in inventory and that the bags have been discontinued. :tinysmile_cry_t: Today, I attempted to purchase bags from a couple of online parts suppliers and found out that indeed the bags (Delta part #A22264) have been discontinued and no alternatives are suggested. Irritated, but undeterred, I called Delta directly. This call was story unto itself, but after several false starts and incorrect information, I was directed to technical support. While the gentleman I spoke with was very kind, he could not help me. But, he and I both thought it was VERY strange that Delta is still selling the 50-720, including the plastic dust collection bags, but customers will not be able to buy replacement bags from Delta nor will they find any assistance for suitable alternatives. (Where are the bags coming from that are components of a new system? :dontknow:) In the past, I have tried other bags with mixed results. The one thing I really like about Delta's bags are the "belt loops" that are very helpful in fitting new bags over the collector.

After re-reading this post, I realize that on many levels my issue is minor, but today it was a big irritation. I do think,however, that it is disingenuous for Delta to sell a product with a disposal component and not supply that component or at least direct customers to a suitable alternative.

Sorry for the rant...I'll be better tomorrow!

Donn

Last edited:

JRD

New User
Jim
I have the same unit and was unaware bags are no longer available.

If you do locate a source, please let me know.

Jim

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Delta has been bought by One World Technologies (Ryobi, Ridgid, Millwaulke.) The are currently building a distribution center in up state SC. It was supposed to be operational by Oct 2011:no:. If you remember, last summer Asheville Hardware was looking for some parts, which I lent them. If you collector uses the same bags as mine (AP-400), I can lend you some bags. You can also use contractor waste bags from the BORGS. Did you check Grizzly for replacement bags? From places like James Anderson, you can get clear trash can liners in various sizes. New part number 50-721 (maybe?)

TOL Woodworks

New User
David
I just wanted to second my disappointment in Delta. I had a major problem...my delta unisaw turned itself on one day without me touching the On switch. Thankfully I wasn't near the blade at the time...I was standing five feet away. And delta would do absolutely nothing about it. So every chance I get I make it known that they didn't. To me that is an extremely serious safety concern and one you do not neglect.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Not sure if this will help - the company I work for used to use a vendor in Kentucky for sample bags. They could come up with most anything, all the way up through 8 mil thickness. If you want to try, call Rush Enterprises - Rush, KY - 1-800-926-6095 - ask for Jesse Marks. Describe the bag (height x width x thickness) and he might be able to supply an appropriate substitute.

C.

Sully

New User
jay
I have a different unit 50-760 but it's probably similar. I just use some large clear trashbags. But I reuse them over and over. The current one I have on there has been in use for about 4 years now. When it fills up, I just empty it out, patch any holes with packing tape and put her back in use. It ain't purty, but it's functional.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Wow, I can't believe that your unisaw has turned itself on before. A quick internet search leads me to believe that you are not alone here (Unisaw started itself | Fine Woodworking Knots) unless you are the person in this post also. I have a unisaw also and while I generally unplug the saw when getting my hands near the blade, there have been times when I have not been completely vigilant. I'll think twice about that for now on. All I can say is wow....

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Thanks to Junquecol, the problem MAY be solved. Bruce (thank you Bruce) provided a new part number. I checked this number on the website of a vendor that I had not looked at earlier, and it appears to be what I need. I'll check this out with a phone call tomorrow. That said, and assuming the new part number is the same as the "old" and "discontinued" part, I am mystified why this information wasn't communicated to me by the parts supplier or DELTA?:dontknow:

To be continued.........

Donn

FlyingRon

Ron
Grizzly isn't much better. The bags for the big cyclone I have from them have been backordered for several months (this is after the grief they gave me because they didn't enclose the lid to the receptacle in the initial order, but I finally after several calls and emails got that sent out). I still have NO bags for the thing (The one that was included isn't the right size).

Fortunately in the griz, I can just use the 55 gallon drum liners I bought from the borgs for other purposes (which it turned out they weren't quite suitable for). They hang over the edge a bit (they're about twice as long as they need to be).

rsaucedo

New User
Ras
My Delta industrial TS has been a lemon too. One day it started and would not turn off. after every cut I had to unplug it to turn it off, or just let it run while I prepared for the next cut. Scary.

Shame cause I thought it would be a nice saw with a nice Biesmeyer fence and everything. I could never align the blade to the miter slots either and the top would move with summer heat and wedge the plate so tight I had to hammer it out. Other Delta equipment have also had switch problems. must be their supplier. But, as a result, I no longer even consider Delta when considering new power tools. They used to be so good....:no:

MikeH

New User
Mike
Thanks to Junquecol, the problem MAY be solved. Bruce (thank you Bruce) provided a new part number. I checked this number on the website of a vendor that I had not looked at earlier, and it appears to be what I need. I'll check this out with a phone call tomorrow. That said, and assuming the new part number is the same as the "old" and "discontinued" part, I am mystified why this information wasn't communicated to me by the parts supplier or DELTA?:dontknow:

To be continued.........

Donn

Donn,
Can you tell us the new part number? I need the same bags.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Donn,
Can you tell us the new part number? I need the same bags.
50-721, at least that's what is on my box. Also, if you look up AP-400, that's the # for bags. It was in my first post:dontknow:, last line, last thing:rotflm:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS