Delta Homecraft Wood Lathe 8 feet - $250 (raleigh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Not Mine
I have for sale an 8 foot wooden lathe by Delta Homecraft. Built in the 1950s. Runs well. 3 speed, 1/2 HP motor by Rockewell. Perfect for turning bedposts. 816-7031.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n63k43mb5Q55T45P29bc4f16b849cb1c1820.jpg
3n13m63pc5Ta5Pa5S99bc79f098a4fc6f1240.jpg

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Not Mine
I have for sale an 8 foot wooden lathe by Delta Homecraft. Built in the 1950s. Runs well. 3 speed, 1/2 HP motor by Rockewell. Perfect for turning bedposts. 816-7031.

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n63k43mb5Q55T45P29bc4f16b849cb1c1820.jpg
3n13m63pc5Ta5Pa5S99bc79f098a4fc6f1240.jpg

If I were gonna get a lathe, that's the length I would want or maybe a couple of feet longer. But I'm not gonna get a lathe, so there :gar-La;

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Am I seeing something wrong or is the seller having a little trouble counting to 4?

CarvedTones

Andy
I don't know; I think the bottom one has 3 open grooves also, but I am not sure. Either way, a shop apron is probably a bad idea around that one...

CarvedTones

Andy
Wouldn't that make it 16 speeds?

No, you move the belt side to side on both step sheaves always keeping it vertical. Doing otherwise would give you a mix of intermediate speeds, but would also wear on the belt badly and require more adjustment because the belt is the right length for all the mated sheaves.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
No, you move the belt side to side on both step sheaves always keeping it vertical. Doing otherwise would give you a mix of intermediate speeds, but would also wear on the belt badly and require more adjustment because the belt is the right length for all the mated sheaves.

Makes sense... was using bicycle math....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS