Cutting board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
A customer of mine wanted a small cutting board something unlike anyone else has something she can serve cheese and crackers on this is what i came up with. What do you think? Its curly maple and Bloodwood and just a small bit of purple heart.

Calender_entry_003.jpg

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Very nice indeed. Certanly not something her friends will have laying around in their cupboards.
Nice contrast in the wood choices as well.
What did you finish it with?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I like it! Very nice design and contrast. Hope the customer won't be afraid to cut on such a pretty board!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I too like the contrasting woods. Your customer should be proud to use it.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Very nice indeed. Certanly not something her friends will have laying around in their cupboards.
Nice contrast in the wood choices as well.
What did you finish it with?

Thanks everyone

I used Salad bowl finish on it. I put about 6 coats on it

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Beautiful work Jon. And I like the first picture too, the mirror image is a cool effect :icon_thum

Dave:)

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Great job Jon! I love the contrasting colors! How did you like working with bloodwood?

I like the Blood wood. It didn't give me any problems. It is probably a little soft for a real cutting board but for what she will be using it for its fine

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
Very nice looking but I just have to ask this. What construction did you use that will allow the expansion and contraction of the interior field? You appear to have a classic cross grain situation with your border surround. Unless I'm not seeing something, you will likely have the corner miters open up and or some other glueline failure.

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
Very nice looking but I just have to ask this. What construction did you use that will allow the expansion and contraction of the interior field? You appear to have a classic cross grain situation with your border surround. Unless I'm not seeing something, you will likely have the corner miters open up and or some other glueline failure.

time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS