cutting a radius

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Making a box and decided to cut a radius on the bottom corners rather than chiseling out the corners on the body of the box.. It has been decades but I have done this in the past. I have even gotten my old college drafting tools out and I can not figure out how to do this.

Dang this is embarrassing. Help!!

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Not exactly sure what you're asking but I think you want to find the center point of a circle so you can draw the arc between sides (??)
If so set your compass to the radius you want.
You may want to put some masking tape in the area to help see the following marks.
Place the compass point at the corner between the two sides.
Mark on each edge the radius.
Now place the compass point on one of the marks and draw an arc about where you think the center will wind up.
Do the same on the other edge.
Where those two marks intersect is where you put the compass point for the desired arch.

If this is not what you want to do, pls clarify,

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Like Joe, I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here. If you want to round a corner, is the radius small enough that you can hold a round object up to it and trace the circle? I've used anything from a 3/8" washer to a coffee can.

If I'm totally off base from what you're looking for, please disregard this post and I'll refund your $0.02. :)

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I actually have a legitimate excuse for going stupid. More of that in a moment.

This morning I woke up and knew exactly what I needed to do.

I used a straight bit with a bearing to cut a rabbit in the bottom of the box. This leaves curves in the corners. I decided to match the curves on the bottom part which had 90 degree corners. I found a bearing which matches the curves created by cutting the rabbit. Placed the bearing in each corner of the bottom piece, traced the outline, cut along the lines on the BS and then sanded, perfect fit.

Now the rest of the story, as Walter Winchell us to say. Several months ago my cardiologist doubled my BP scrip. I asked if I could use up the existing pills by taking two, no problem. When I went to pick up the new scrip it was wrong. Called and my doctor was out of town but they would have a different doc correct it. He did not fix it, he changed my medication completely and included a diuretic. When I called the office my doc was out of town for vacation. By the time he returned he said he did not want to keep swapping my meds around so just go with what I was taking. Slowly but surely my muscle pain keep getting worse. I started having problems with confusion. Over Easter I had a really bad stomach issue and could not keep anything down. I did not take my meds for 3 days. I got out of bed one morning and nothing hurt. The doc cut the dosage in half and deleted the diuretic. I have not hurt since. This morning my mind was as clear as it has been in quite a while.

How this other doc could change medication on a patient he had never seen is beyond me.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
@Keye said: How this other doc could change medication on a patient he had never seen is beyond me.
I guess that's why we say some doctors just practice medicine. What a dolt!

Wiley's Woodworks

Wiley
Corporate Member

I used a straight bit with a bearing to cut a rabbit in the bottom of the box. This leaves curves in the corners. I decided to match the curves on the bottom part which had 90 degree corners. I found a bearing which matches the curves created by cutting the rabbit. Placed the bearing in each corner of the bottom piece, traced the outline, cut along the lines on the BS and then sanded, perfect fit.

Now the rest of the story, as Walter Winchell us to say. Several months ago my cardiologist doubled my BP scrip. I asked if I could use up the existing pills by taking two, no problem. When I went to pick up the new scrip it was wrong. Called and my doctor was out of town but they would have a different doc correct it. He did not fix it, he changed my medication completely and included a diuretic. When I called the office my doc was out of town for vacation. By the time he returned he said he did not want to keep swapping my meds around so just go with what I was taking. Slowly but surely my muscle pain keep getting worse. I started having problems with confusion. Over Easter I had a really bad stomach issue and could not keep anything down. I did not take my meds for 3 days. I got out of bed one morning and nothing hurt. The doc cut the dosage in half and deleted the diuretic. I have not hurt since. This morning my mind was as clear as it has been in quite a while.

How this other doc could change medication on a patient he had never seen is beyond me.
Not to add insult to your already self-inflicted injury, but I believe the quotation, "and now...the rest of the story" was the signature line from Paul Harvey on his radio show.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

My doc tried to put me on BP meds, I took it a week and decided I’d rather die than feel like that the rest of my life. I found out that carbohydrates and sugar are what actually makes your blood pressure rise. So I cut out all sugar and almost all carbs.

This is my BP now with the bonus of losing 60 pounds.

IMG_4485.jpeg

It’s been over four years and if I hadn’t had Covid three times after taking all the vacs I would be in the best shape ever.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors