Cupcake stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I wasn't going to post this but Berta said she would like to see it.

Not my design, my daughter saw it in a magazine. Original was mdf but I like plywood better, especially if it will be dismantled and stored.

so on with the photos...

First I had to make a quick circle cutting jig for the bandsaw. I like simple, quick, and cheap for these things that may never be used again or not very much. Just a piece of ply with a slot cut for the blade and a nail driven through and cut off for the center point.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Five circles cut out, 26, 22, 16, 13, 10 inches

image.jpeg

My dado set only cuts 1 1/2 inch deep so I just marked two lines and nibbled out with the regular blade, clamped all boards together to save time.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I guess this is called a half lap or bridle joint.
image.jpeg

And the the whole thing stacked up as it will be when finished.
image.jpeg

Still need to to drill a hole in center of each circle, attach a lazy Susan to bottom, and paint everything.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike-
That is REALLY neat!

I can even see that design being used at a show for showing off smaller items for sale!

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Yes, you can customize this in several ways. The cross pieces could be much taller for larger items. You could make more or fewer shelves. The shelves could be all the same size, have cut-outs for even taller items, slots or holes to hold pencils or spoons, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS