Couple other quick gifts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
I had to come up with a couple quick gifts for my FIL's b-day and a pretty late mothers day gift for my step MIL.

The pen is for my FIL. Ebony courtesy of HPM67 (Thanks Mike!)
IMAG0068.jpg

Bottle Stopper for his wife. Not thrilled with the shape, but the maple is fantastic!
IMAG0069.jpg

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Nice pen and bottle stopper...I kinda like the shape...it's different. If that ebony finished like Mike's did that'll be one nice pen to use!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Thanks Phillip, The picture isn't very good (crappy camera!), but I actually finished it with CA and then topped it with Mylands friction polish. Did the bottle stopper the same. The gifts were well received and that's what mattered the most!

By the way that pen you did wasn't too shabby either!

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Thanks! Using CA for a finish is too cool, who would've thought you could use super glue to make something sparkle...lol...

I'm glad all were recieved well!

MikeH

New User
Mike
The pen and bottle stopper look good! :eusa_clap The pen looks very familiar. ;-)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ed, I like the shape of the stopper, it works well with the spalting marks. Great job on both :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Just throwing it back;-) The ebony was fun to turn, but I think I'll reserve it for trying my hand at some inlays!

Dave, thanks for the compliments!

ebony makes great accent rings and center bands.

fred p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS