Couple equipment upgrade pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
I have not had much shop time recently, and that is fairly typical for me in the winter, as I enjoy working in the shop more in the warmer months.

I did do some shopping recently to get ready for those spring projects and picked up this:
P10100483.JPG

View image in gallery

Makita Sliding Compund Miter Saw, is temporarily on my RAS. I like the table surface area of the RAS but it is not that accurate of a machine and takes up a lot of space, so it may have to find a new home.

Also got a nice buy on this:

This is my first planer and I waited fairly patiently for this deal. This will certainly expand my woodworking beyond dimensional lumber from the big box stores, as virtually anything they offer in the hardwood line is usually way too expensive.

gdoebs

New User
Geoff
You'll love the planer. I have the same one and just upgraded the knives with the HSS ones from Infinity tools.

I may modify the dust collection port this weekend too. Putting a 6" hole in the top cover! Yikes!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Great upgrades there, Bob!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

That little Makita has been on my upgrade wish list for quite some time.:BangHead: Waiting for a sale, but I am afraid that I may be in for a very long wait. They get great reviews from everything I have read.

I've had the DW735 for quite some time and wouldn't trade it for anything. Great planer!!!:eusa_danc

Wayne

Cato

New User
Bob
Canuck, thanks the Makita seems to be a nice unit and I liked it better than all the others I looked at.

HD had it for 549 I think, but I found it on the web for 479 and printed it out and took it in to my local store and told them I would rather keep the money local, if they could match the price.

They did and so now it's in the shop and I didn't have to wait for shipping or possible damage in shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS