Congrats to Alan Shaffter in FWW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Alan had another tip published. This one is for beveling curved panels and appears on page 15 of Sept/Oct. 2011 issue of FWW (Issue 221)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Alan, YOU DA MAN! Congrats on another great tip being published, and thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Way to go, Alan:eusa_clap. Why do I get the feeling there's more to come?

Ernie

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Thanks guys. This tip started out as a letter to the editor- the author of a PWW article used a rather awkward method to put a wide bevel on the rounded ends of a small table. I had what I thought was a better way to do it (I guess FWW agreed).

I don't subscribe to FWW Online so can't show you what they published but it is a jig that you mount to a tablesaw fence (which I never built :gar-Bi :gar-Bi ) that looks a little like the one in these SketchUp drawings.

Curved_Bevel_Jig.jpg

Curved_Bevel_Jig-A.jpg

Curved_Bevel_Jig-B.jpg

Congrats! Didn't Alan already have a curved panel beveling tip published? This man is a tip factory!

I often post my ideas here first but searched and couldn't find this one. Awhile ago I had a similar tip published for adding a cutting guide to a cross-cut sled that makes it easy to cut to a line.

Cutting_guide.jpg

You may see something that looks like this in an upcoming issue of Wood. It is a tip how use shop scraps and run them through your planer:

Milling_small_boards.jpg

Milling_small_boards-B.jpg

pviser

New User
paul
Great idea. I'm a big fan of hiding table top thickness with an under-bevel. This gives a graceful edge without giving up the structural superiority of greater thickness. I've never tried to do this on a curved edge, but now I know how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS