Compound cutting on the Scrollsaw

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Today’s success, close. The wings I did in the last post broke during finishing. I wiped Danish oil on them, bad idea. New wings were cut and a spray finish was applied. You can see where I got a bit too thin on the one wing.
Natural Danish oil on the body. Golden oak Danish oil on the base and semigloss spray on the wings. Everything was cut from popular. Everything was glued with superglue and activator.
I am calling it good enough. For now.
81E2A4AD-2100-4155-88EA-3DCD8950E228.jpeg97754EE3-A03B-4EC5-8176-15EC6E15589D.jpeg749FA02A-6E5F-4085-B872-89F830CE69EA.jpeg4891D6DC-09C9-43EE-8C37-39FDF97521DC.jpeg

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Today’s success, close. The wings I did in the last post broke during finishing. I wiped Danish oil on them, bad idea. New wings were cut and a spray finish was applied. You can see where I got a bit too thin on the one wing.
Natural Danish oil on the body. Golden oak Danish oil on the base and semigloss spray on the wings. Everything was cut from popular. Everything was glued with superglue and activator.
I am calling it good enough. For now.
View attachment 199431View attachment 199432View attachment 199433View attachment 199434
I say NICELY done!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Glad to see you making progress. Compound work really requires 2 things.
#1 - Sharp new blades that are changed out often.

#2 - Developing a feel for the correct pressure to apply to the wood as you feed it into the blade.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Glad to see you making progress. Compound work really requires 2 things.
#1 - Sharp new blades that are changed out often.

#2 - Developing a feel for the correct pressure to apply to the wood as you feed it into the blade.
I probably would get better results with more blade changes, thanks for that reminder.
I appreciate your comments a lot!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS