commercial members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
We have a new member that just joined from Illinois (nickao65). He apparently just wants to promote his business. I seem to recall a while back that we would allow certain commercial out-of-state members for technical support or major vendors, but I'm not really sure about this... As it stands right now, I can't approve him unless we create a new member group.

Opinions... ?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Personally I agree with the stand to allow out of state commercial members to join if they can benefit the site/membership. But they would have to be someone who would benefit all or many of the membership. I don't think that a person who makes floor medallion inlays is going to have enough interest from the membership to allow them to join. Maybe if his business involved the general manufacture of inlay stock, etc., but hardwood flooring inlays are pretty specific and not utilized by many.
That's MTCW,
Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Just thinking outloud here. He may be able to provide insights on creating inlays. From the looks of his site, he is good at it. I like having commercial members. Our Freud member has helped several on many questions. I do agree with Dave, his business will unlikely be of use to many of us.

sapwood

New User
Roger
. . . . He apparently just wants to promote his business.
Opinions... ?

Although he may contribute to the site, the profile suggests that business is impetus for joining and there is no in-state connection. So I vote no.

Roger

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I agree with the consensus. If someone or an organization has broad appeal / benefit for the majority of the group might be a consideration... but I'd hate to open us to to junk mail.

Ray

Monty

New User
Monty
Thanks for the feedback -- I agree on that particular member. I guess we'll create the new membergroup when it becomes necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS