Coffins and Cutting Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

These are very nice looking projects -- can't give you anything but praise for them! Keep it up and enjoy the dust.

Rob

sapwood

New User
Roger
Pretty cool Allen :icon_thum
Don't know that we have any other coffin makers to compare :)
But we all know "if momma is happy, everybody is happy.:lol:
Thanks for taking the time to share the photos. I like the use of contrasting woods in both the coffins and cutting boards.

Roger

tattoo12365

New User
Allen
Momma is happy as long as daddy is in the basement or garage and not out running the streets like he use too. :lol: LOL.

Thanks

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
Allen that looks great. I have tried to make a toe pincher once but couldnt figure the angles. Any tips, or patterns you wish to share???:eusa_clap

dozer

Mike
I really like the coffins. Wonder if I could make one as a pen presentation box with a narrow piece of plexi glass in the middle for viewing.....

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nice work. What do you use the coffins for?

I have thought about making my own coffin for "when the time comes", but didn't want the LOML to get any ideas.:lol:

tattoo12365

New User
Allen
I've got more pix coming in just a few minutes ........ I put the box together with out the poly and took it over to my buddies house so I could pick up the knife that goes in it .... ( I still have to make holders inside the box for the knife) ... while I was there, his wife took some digi pix and just e-mailed them to me .... going to go now and post them.

FIVEBYFIVE ...... I got the original idea off of the web .... Free Pet Coffin Plans - How to Build A Pet Coffin I scaled down my boxes of course. The top and bottom angles stay the same each time I make a box but depening on how tall or short I make it changes the side angles. It's not to tricky ... I just try to cut test angles on scrap wood, and I have a plastic template made so I know percisely what it needs to look like when it's done.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Allen, very nice work. I am glad to see that your coffins aren't life-size (but knife-sized :-D ) There is something morbid about that. I really like the cutting board also. I always make the rectangular, but I like the idea of making one round. Do you use a circle jig or just free hand it?
Dave:)

tattoo12365

New User
Allen
Thanks alot. I do have one that is full size and made of pine with 3 rope handles on each side. We use it to carry around our poles and connectors for our 10x20 foot canopy. It is a little morbid but for some reason even the sane people are liking them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have an extended table on my band saw. it's set up with a sliding pin so that I can do archways, curved drawer fronts and circles when the need calls.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
I really like those knife caskets.

i thought about making pet caskets but never did. Never would of thought of making a knife holder.

tattoo12365

New User
Allen
I've seen where people of the "Gothic" culture are using them to decorate everything, kitchen cabinet doors and counter tops. LOL I just got started doing them because of a friend. It's not in my nature normally.

The boxes to follow will be mixed in nature. The next one will be made of wood but have 4 glass side panels and a wood/glass top. And yet another box will be 6 sided ..... I'm not just about coffins guys. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS